Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Princess Festival

WARNING: Lots of pictures!

We attended The Princess Festival on Wednesday, June 22nd. This is our third time attending the festival. It's always so much fun!
This is the first time Eliza really understood what we were doing. They both wanted to be Snow White. Fortunately, we had two Snow White dress ups.
Love this picture! They look more like evil queens then princesses. :)
Since they were both Snow White, I tried to keep them as same as possible.
Love that my 5 year old already has the double chin going on. :) Only in pictures though, she's a toothpick!
I take complete credit for getting them to laugh! Before they were being grouches about having their picture taken.
The festival moved locations this year. It was at the Discovery Gardens at Thanksgiving Point this time. The girls loved the carriage!
We patiently waited for our friends. We went with our friends and neighbors, the Hawkers.
We were also lucky to have Marty join us this year! What a good sport to take a day off work to attend a Princess event! I'm grateful he did though because this event was huge and it was nice to have a little extra help.
They fairy-dusted the girls hair.
Then they found Ariel!
The girls went through the mazes to find more princesses!
First they found Alice and the Mad Hatter.
In the next maze they found Beauty and the Beast. Brooklyn didn't want to take a picture because of the beast. Brooklyn's always been afraid of talking to people all dressed up. Eliza wasn't afraid at all. She went up to whoever she wanted to get their autograph. Brooklyn then decided if her sister could do it then she could too. Another great reason to have a sibling! ;)
The girls then came across The 12 dancing princesses. Brooklyn only wanted the autograph of the princesses in purple dresses, but she went right over and got their autograph. Eliza made friends with all of them. It was super cute!
The Princess and the Pea (they are sitting on the mattresses).
The girls enjoyed watching the shows.
It was so much fun to watch them have the time of their life! Especially to see their eyes light up when they saw a Princess! There were princesses everywhere! It was very magical!
It was also very hot that day so we stopped inside a house to do some crafts. Both girls made a princess crown and shared a Garden Matters decoration.
Marty had fun helping them too. He even admitted to having more fun then he expected!
Our adorable Princess Eliza! She loved putting all the shapes and colors on her crown!
Then it was back out in the heat. We found Sleeping Beauty walking around. The girls were on a mission to find Rapunzel, but they were also getting ornery.
So we found a spot of shade on the sidewalk and eat the lunch we brought.
The Princess and the Frog were right across from us while we ate so the girls ran to meet her. The frog really talked! The girls giggled and giggled!
They also had places for the Princesses to serve since "a true princess serves others". I loved this! They were tying quilts for those without any blankets. I forgot to mention, this whole event is a charity event. All proceeds go to Our Own Quiet Way which helps children in Africa. The other service events were making bows for children and drawing pictures for service men and women.
The princess helping with this blanket was so patient and taught the girls how to tie the quilt. It was cute! I would never think my girls as small as they are would be able to tie a quilt, but they did!
Then we stopped at some of these pictures for fun photo ops.
As much as we told them, the girls didn't quite understand how to get their heads in there right.
Then we finally found Rapunzel! They were all SO SO excited! They would have stayed and talked to her all day.
She let everyone feel her hair.
Then they posed like her! Brooklyn finally got it!
Next we stopped to enjoy some more the shows. Here is Snow White.
And Cinderella.
Then we needed their autographs too.
By then, my girls were super hot so it was time for an Otter Pop break. Our friends had already gone home by now.
The festival was selling these parasols. I kept seeing girls walking around with them and I thought they were adorable. I was super excited when I saw I could buy one so I couldn't resist. I wish I would have known about them earlier though because it would have kept them cooler all day. I figured I would put them away until next year and then we can use them again. That was my justification in buying them at least. :)
Adorable!
Sweet!
It was about time for the festival to close for the day so we decided to keep our promise and let the girls play in the water by the Ark. I'm glad I had extra clothes under their princess gowns. They were warm, but I was trying to keep them modest as well. It turned out great though because then they could play in the water without ruining their dresses.
Overall it was a perfect day! I would highly recommend it to anyone.

9 comments:

Amy said...

How cute!

Mark and Kattie said...

Oh it looks like alot of fun! It looks alot bigger that last year!

Jessica said...

I thought Rachel would be too young to go this year. It looks like she might have enjoyed it. I am determined to go next year.

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

Like Jessica I want to go next year too! Camberlyn would have a blast!
Your girls are so cute together. What fun.

Mindy said...

I love the princess dresses! It looks like a fun day. Marty is a good daddy to go along with all of the fun girly stuff!

The Mom said...

Thanks for recommending this to us. We had a blast as well. Your girls are so cute!

Vala said...

That's so great! I'm glad Marty tags along for the kid stuff that's a bit "girly." Cute :) Fun pictures, too.

Kristen said...

That beast is SCARY!!!! I wouldn't have taken my picture with him! Looks like so much fun! Love all the pictures!

Holli said...

Will you please tell me when this is next year, I have waited a long time to do something girlie! I like the grouch picture, so cute, even if they are being cranky. I also liked the parisoles, you are such a great mom :)