
Halloween week began Tuesday, October 25
th with Brooklyn's Halloween dance performance. In order to keep dance recital costs low, her teacher does holiday dances, but she just invites the family to her studio during the last 15 minutes of class. Marty was able to get out of work and come though he did have to work afterward. I'm just grateful he's a very supportive dad!

Miss Bonnie and the girls showing us come of their "
Halloween moves".

Because the studio was packed with people, they did the dance in groups. Half did the dance while the other half waited their turn. Brooklyn was wearing a small portion of her costume and a different hat, but it was for the ease of dancing in it. She did awesome! I love watching her dance and improve.

All of the girls in her class.

Eliza found the hat Brooklyn is suppose to wear with her costume and decided to wear it all night. She kept talking about Brooklyn's dance and wanted to know when she could start dance.

We had a break on Wednesday night with Marty at the church. Then Thursday, we went to the Beehive
Elementary Halloween Carnival. The girls were excited to dress up and were so excited for the carnival (even if they had no idea what that meant).

We had to get our annual picture with "Marcus the
Carcass"---a favorite Halloween decoration enjoyed by many children.

We enjoyed a pizza dinner and cotton candy at the carnival. It was a bit hectic and chaotic, but that was expected.

We also had fun playing the games (all supporting the PTA, I might add). The girls scored the biggest prizes at the fishing pond.

They had a blast! They would have kept on going, but alas our tickets were gone.

Friday afternoon was Marty's work Halloween party. Once again, it was time to dress up.

I felt like I was slowly adding to Brooklyn's costume each day. I forgot I had a child's wig in my Halloween costumes so I pulled it out and Brooklyn was excited to wear it. However, after hours of it
sliding off and making her itch, she had enough and never wanted to wear it again.
Saturday night was our ward Halloween party. I guess I don't have any pictures of that, but some were taken there so I will add those later. Marty and I even dressed up.

Sunday night we carved pumpkins as a family. I had come down with a bad sore throat Saturday night so I was at home relaxing in my pajamas all day Sunday.

We had a fun time with the pumpkins. The girls helped as much as possible. Brooklyn cleaned out most of hers and carved some of hers then Marty finished it. Eliza was all over the place and mainly watched, but she did pick out her design. I carved it for her.

Here is the finished product. Eliza picked Snow White, Marty's is the pumpkin head monster, Mine is the house with the ghost and Brooklyn's is Rapunzel. They looked really cool this night, but by Halloween night the pumpkins were melting.

Halloween night started with dinner and a trip to Grandma and Grandpa's house. We only visit the one set of grandparents or else we would be driving all night and miss trick-or-treating.

While in the neighborhood, we visited with some friends. They decorate their house so cute for every holiday so we took a picture with the "Monster Express". They scored double treats at this house. Marty and I did too!

Then it was trick-or-treat time! We stopped at a few houses in my dad's neighborhood and then drove home to our own neighborhood. Marty took the girls out while I stayed home to hand out candy. It was a perfect night so I sat on our front steps and enjoyed the
atmosphere. It was wonderful!

Then the girls returned with their loot. Think they got enough candy? This combines all the different parties over the week. They each have their own bowl.

Something I learned about my girls this year. Eliza will gorge herself with candy if you let her while Brooklyn takes it easy and cherishes it. Two very different girls. One fun Halloween!
6 comments:
Oh my gosh that is a lot of candy! That will last a while! I'm glad you had a good week, sounds fun! The girls looked adorable in their costumes!
Fun! I'm glad Rachel didn't get that much candy. We only went to a few houses.
Brooklyn is my kind of girl. Because I didn't gorge myself my mom allowed me to keep my candy in my room. I would dump it all out in one of my dresser drawers and I would nibble on it slowly. I think one year I still had some at Christmas. I wish I had that willpower now! Sounds like fun week.
Wow, I'm tired just reading about all the fun you had! Your girls are adorable!
I love the witch hats! It looks like fun, but you were all over the place!
Wow, I can't believe how much candy they got. Yum :) I love the pic with you and Eliza carving the pumpkin. Very cute.
Post a Comment