Saturday, April 5, 2008

Goodbye bars...Hello Freedom!

Marty and I have been dealing with a very sick little girl today, but now she's all tucked into bed and Marty is still enjoying Priesthood with the men in my family. So I thought I would post something I have been meaning to post for awhile. Last Saturday, we went to my brother Tim's house and picked up a toddler bed for Brooklyn. Thanks Tim for letting us use this for awhile. We put it in Brooklyn's bedroom before her nap time and she jumped right in and hasn't gone back to her crib since.
Was this a clue she wanted out?! She loved her crib and would always play in there after waking up. She would stay in there for at least 30 minutes playing. It was nice to leave her in there because I knew she wasn't getting into any trouble.

Here's our proud big girl in her new bed. She just wanted me to take more and more pictures of this event. She would climb out and see the picture and then jump back in and say "take another one". It was really cute! She has fallen out a few times, but she's slept really well. She doesn't stay in her bed as long as she did her crib, but she usually stays in her bed until I come into her room. It's like she sees me and then realizes she can get out.
I had these nightmares about her waking up in the middle night, opening the door and walking around the house. Luckily she hasn't figured out how to open doors yet. I guess kids just understand when they need to grow up and want to do it when the time is right. We are so proud of our "big" little girl!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

CUTE!! We are nearing that milestone ourselves and so far all I hear from parents are horror stories, it's good to hear a positive experience. She looks like a big girl! (in a little way.)

Terry Bytheway said...

I hope for your sake she keeps being so good. I hated the transition. It's a good thing you did it before she can open doors. Maybe that's the trick. (Trista)

Jessica said...

It's great when they cooperate with change. We've talked about this before but Easton loved the change as well and it still doing awesome after 4 months.