Saturday, April 19, 2008

The news is spreading...

We are pregnant! We hadn't told many people and then suddenly it feels like I told everyone. If I happened to talk to you or see you in person, I probably told you. If I haven't told you myself, I guess this blog is telling you. Sorry! We are only 9 weeks pregnant (due November 20th) so it's early on and a little scary to share the news so early, but I'm in need of help.
I'm so sick all day long. I was sick with Brooklyn from 6 weeks until about 19 weeks and honestly I don't remember it feeling this bad. I'm sure it was though (thank goodness for memory loss). I thought I had avoided it since it didn't start full swing until 8 weeks, but it's here and it's making up for the lost time. All I want to do is sleep because that's the only time I don't feel sick it seems.
So yeah, it's hard right now so if anyone has any suggestions to help me through the next who knows how long, please help! I'm a pretty horrible mom right now. I think it was easier for me to wake up and go to work than play with my 2 year old. I often find myself with the TV on all day or asleep on the couch while she plays. She's a good sport about it, but I do feel horrible about it sometimes.
I don't know how people have more than 2 children. I'm going to make myself remember how hard this is because I really have no idea how I will do it when I have two children running around, especially if one has school to attend.
Enough complaining. Any suggestions?

6 comments:

Trista said...

Congratulations! Apparently I missed the announcement at the party. My only suggestion is to call me up! I'd love to take Brooklyn for you, and Sabrina would love even more to have a friend to play with. So seriously, call me--even spur of the moment. I'm home every day.

Erin said...

Congratulations, I hope you get over the sickness soon that doesn't sound like fun at all. I know we're kinda far from your house, but either me or Brad are home everyday.

Kelly said...

Awww, Angie, I so feel for you! I think amnesia is the only way some of us will ever have more than one child. I'm scared to do the whole morning sickness thing again for sure! It seems like nothing helps, I know. Think of it as a good thing - it means your baby is growing, and your body is doing what it needs to do! Generally speaking, I think morning sickness is a good omen!

Mindy said...

Personally, my 2nd time around has been harder too, the first time I didn't have a toddler to chase and keep in clean diapers. Carter's diapers would just send me over the edge in the beginning. We made a deal that when Scott is home he has diaper duty, and that has been nice!I'm at 26 weeks and still get sick if I go too long without eating, or spend too much time in a moving vehicle. As for the tired part, just embrace it and get all the rest you can. I also would love to watch Brooklyn for you if you ever need to just take a mid day nap. Congrats again! We are so excited for you!!

Jessica said...

Congrats again on the good news! Unfortunately I don't have any worthy advice about being sick. :) I get tired here and there though and Easton watches a movie. You gotta do what you gotta do to get through it right? When you look at the big picture it really is a small amount of time to put up with the craziness. Wish we lived there so Brooklyn could come play.

Dave, Bonnie, and Taten said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you. I wish I was there and could watch Brooklyn for a little while so you could rest. Hang in there. I think its probably going to be a girl.