Wednesday, February 18, 2009

3 months old!

Eliza is 3 months old today! It's been a fun month as we have learned more about her little personality. She is a great little baby and I've enjoyed her newborn stage more than I can say I did with Brooklyn. With Brooklyn I was always so worried about what I was doing wrong or right and reading everything that I could that I didn't just sit and enjoy her. So this time around, I've loved every day with her because I know what will happen in just a few short months. They really grow too fast!
She smiles more often now and always gives mom, dad, and Brooklyn smiles when she first sees us. She will do this for a few other people as well, but she definitely recognize her family! She also loves to coo and squeal at anyone who will listen. She’s kind of a quiet talker, but will talk and talk if she knows someone wants to talk back. Brooklyn finds it fun to talk to her sister, but struggles with the listening part.

Eliza is also a great sleeper. I’m not going to say she is perfect, but she does pretty well at night. She slept from 9:30 pm to 7:30 am on Valentine’s night. What a great present for mom and dad! That was the longest period of sleep so far so we're on the right track. She’s not a great napper, but I take what I can get. She recently stopped sleeping so well when we are out and about so I’m trying to do better about getting her on some schedule, but she keeps changing the schedule. However, I’m not stressing about this like I was with Brooklyn because I went back to work full-time when Brooklyn was this age. It’s such a blessing to not have to worry about that.
She holds her head so high now when she lies on her tummy. She doesn’t love tummy time so it doesn’t last too long, but we still make her do her workout a few times a day. She's getting stronger every day.
Eliza still adores her big sister, Brooklyn and Brooklyn adores her as well! Brooklyn has gotten a little less careful around her and sometimes purposefully does things to get attention, but mostly she’s very cute with her and talks “sing-songy” to her like adults do. It’s cute to hear!
We took Eliza swimming for the first time on Monday and she did so well! There were so many kids there since it was a holiday and she was splashed several times, but she loved it! She didn’t last long though until she wanted to go to sleep.
The Baby Float looks superimposed in this picture! She liked this OK, but preferred to be held.
And here's her teddy bear picture! She's so cute! We love our new addition to our family!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

So cute! You can tell she has a sweet little disposition. I'm glad you are enjoying her so much. I look forward to that when we have a second child - I'm going to enjoy the newborn stage as much as I can!

Liz said...

I'm glad you're enjoying her. She is such a good baby! I sure hope my next baby is easy and content like her.

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

She is so adorable. I am so glad she is a good baby. It makes a world of difference when you can really enjoy them and not get anxiety about cholic, sickness, crying, etc. She looks like she had fun swimming, we need to try that someday in a warm pool.

Jessica said...

So true . . . where does the time go? She sure is a cutie!

Mindy said...

She has some adorable pinching cheeks, doesn't she?? She already looks like a whole different baby!