See my previous post regarding 'Ghetto Mart' if you have no idea what I'm referring to!
I sent Marty to Ghetto Mart on Friday the 13th to pick up our "free" pictures. Our invoice said they would be ready that day after 12 pm. I did not want to go back into that store so I sent Marty. Here's what happened.
The same photographer lady was there and tells Marty they don't have our pictures because of the "water problem", which explains why the ceiling tiles are gone or entirely yellow. She said she didn't want to take the chance of them getting ruined so she had them mail us the pictures through 3rd class priority mail which will take about 21 days to receive.
***This is what I would have said in response: Here's my problem with this explanation, you apparently had the "water problem" before we came in to get pictures so why didn't you just tell us the pictures would be mailed to us instead of making us come back to this whole in the wall? GRRRR! Oh, and thanks for prioritizing us as 3rd class. It makes me feel special.
She said she would contact the office to see when they were mailed, but couldn't since they were in Tennessee which is located on the 'West Coast' and it's past 5 pm there.
***HA! Did you just say Tennessee was on the West Coast? We laughed really hard at this!
Marty then asks why no one called us and she says she was calling people today and then she looks at her list and says we were the next ones on the list for her to call!
***And my response would have been: Excuse me? What have you been doing all day? No one comes here anyway and it's now 6 pm when I was told to come anytime after 12 on this day?! It's a little hard to believe you!
The lady then apologizes and says she will contact her boss and compensate us somehow. Marty's response was "So are you going to actually pay us to get pictures from you?" She then realizes we had free pictures and says she will send us some coupons.
***And I would have said "Wow, thanks. I love this place and hope I can come again (with lots of sarcasm).
Anyone want some coupons?
Sunday, February 15, 2009
The Return to 'Ghetto Mart'
Posted by
Angie
at
10:58:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am cracking up right now!!!
That's hilarious! I would have been so mad and said a few choice things myself. I hate customer service like this, hopefully the pictures are worth this fiasco!
Oh my! It's probably a very good thing that your didn't go in! I would have been very ticked too! I hope you someday get your pictures and I hope that they are pretty enough to have been worth it! Be sure and scan it in and post it so we can all see!
Oh, Angie. I am laughing right now. It's a funny story, but even funnier how you tell it! I can't believe they are even still in business!
This story gave me and Frank a good laugh. Sorry you (Marty) had to go through this experience. Some people are not meant to be in customer service.
Post a Comment