We have lots of pumpkins this year. We bought 4 and then my mom gave us 3 since she went on vacation to see her sisters and won't be here for Halloween. That leaves us with 7 pumpkins! That is far too many to carve. Today we had nothing planned and it was freezing outside so I came up with the idea to paint two of our pumpkins. These are 2 pumpkins that my mom gave us. I've never seen such "warty" pumpkins before so I thought they would be the best to paint since carving them wouldn't be fun.
The warty pumpkins. Check out those bumps!
Brooklyn wanted to paint hers white. It's her new favorite color! It worked out so we decided hers would be the ghost. And what warty pumpkin wouldn't make for a good witch, so mine became green.
Aren't they cute?! Marty helped with my witch face once he got home (she's winking). You'd have to see it in person to really enjoy it because the nose sticks out as one of the bumps. Brooklyn wanted to do her own face so we drew the circles and she colored them in. I think the lines outside of the circle add some extra spook to it! She loved it so much that it's going to be her show 'n tell for tomorrow at her preschool's Halloween Party.
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Painting Pumpkins
Posted by
Angie
at
9:36:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Cute! I guess I haven't really seen Brooklyn's new haircut until now. I love it!! She's a doll. Everyone missed her in nursery on Sunday. :)
Adorable pumpkins! Painting is a perfect project with pumpkins and kids, not as messy as carving.
Wow, you did a great job!!!!
I totally tried to talk my kids into painting instead of carving. Nope, no go. Maybe next year we'll have enough from our garden to paint and carve. I love both of them, they look great and what a fun activity.
Cute posts! You've been doing a lot of Halloween activities with your kiddos. Fun :) Happy Halloween!
You're so crafty lately, can I send my kids your way to do some fun projects?
I love the idea of painting; I'm not brave enough for that. I guess I feel like I have more control over the carving. And I love Brooklyn's hair! It so suits her. I'm sad Sabrina is insisting on growing hers out. :(
Cute cute! Love the witch!
Post a Comment