"Meatloaf, smeatloaf, double-beatloaf, I hate meatloaf"
One of my favorite lines from The Christmas Story. I can't help, but quote it whenever I think of meatloaf. Poor meatloaf has a negative connotation to it. I don't mind meatloaf, but I would never call it my favorite. However, as I was thinking of something to make for dinner last night, I decided upon meatloaf. I think I have only made meatloaf once in all of my life. I was up for something different. I get the Kraft Foods magazine in the mail with new recipe ideas. Most are good, but one I tried the other day was yuck. I always love it when I try something new and it's actually good. It makes my efforts that much more worth it.
I made this and it was delicious. It uses BBQ sauce instead of ketchup and it was super easy to make. I actually halved the recipe because I had no idea most meatloaf recipes call for 2 lbs of meat and I had only laid out one. I halved the recipe and it was perfect for our family and we even had enough for leftovers today. I made some potatoes to go with it and added a side of broccoli and it was yummy! I'll definitely be making this one again.
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Yum!
Posted by
Angie
at
9:29:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wow, that looks really easy and yummy! I'm not a huge fan of meatloaf either. I mean, I'll eat it, and it's not disgusting, but I never think of it when thinking of what to make. My mom made this Mexican meatloaf one time that was really good, though. I'll have to track down the recipe. Thanks for sharing! I'm all over trying new recipes lately.
Meatloaf is yummy--but you're right, I never think of making it. I love it when someone else makes it for me.
That's so funny, yesterday I was browning beef for lasagne and I was reminded of meatloaf and immediately added it to my meal calendar. I never remember meatloaf, but I actually do like it. I think's it's funny that the next day you post a meatloaf recipe...I'll have to use it when I make it. Anyways, did any of that make sense? I'm rambling...I'm glad you enjoyed the recipe!
Thanks for the recipe. I'm not a huge meatloaf fan, but all my boys like it and I think they would really like this recipe.
I really enjoy meatloaf! Why don't we cook it more often? I don't think of it either, but it's really tasty... especially with mashed potatoes!
I think of that line every time I see meatloaf. I'm the same way. I like it, but I've only made it once! My mom used to make it a lot. My mother in law makes it for dinner sometimes. It's pretty tasty! I'll have to try this recipe, thanks!
Post a Comment