Friday, April 2, 2010

April 1st

Mother Nature played the most evil, evil April Fools joke ever on us yesterday. We woke up to this!
And this.
Sure it had snowed all day the day before, but it just kept coming down all night and actually stuck to the roads by morning. Boo!
I, however, had one happy little girl named Brooklyn. She loves to shovel snow! She was disappointed the day before when it wasn't sticking to the sidewalks. So first thing in the morning, Brooklyn wanted to go out. I was able to get her to wait until after breakfast and for it to warm up a bit. I waited for the sun to start shinning and then we decided to go out. I know the sun would have melted it later, but it was something this girl desperately wanted to do. So we bundled up and got ready to go out.
Ten minutes later we were ready to go! Our winter was pretty mild this year so Eliza hadn't really had the opportunity to play in the snow since she started walking. This is the first time she ever had to wear the marshmallow-looking snow outfit. :) She wouldn't wear her hat either.
There you go folks, that's probably as big as you will ever see this girl!
They both got to work shoveling. Thanks again to my mom who found these awesome little shovels. Well, maybe not thanks because that is part of the reason why Brooklyn loves to shovel. Just teasing, mom.
By the time we got outside, it was snowing again.
Eliza would not keep the hat on, but she had a great time outside. She started to look like a wet rat after awhile.
Brooklyn, of course, loved every second.
I know, I'm a mean mom. :) She was cold and wet (her gloves weren't really made for playing in the snow), but I tried to make her have fun. No way, she was done by this time!
Brooklyn wasn't. Here she is trying to make a snow angel.
Then she wanted to have a snowball fight. Look at the size of that snowball? Boy am I glad she can't throw very far.
Brooklyn then went into our backyard and tried to have a snowball fight with our dog, Yoda. He wasn't too excited about that. Eliza and I went inside to warm up and have some hot chocolate. One of my personal favorite parts of cold weather.
Brooklyn enjoying her mint hot chocolate. She's pretty particular about her hot chocolate. It can only be Stephen's Mint Hot Chocolate.
Eliza loves the stuff too.
Can you tell?

Luckily, Mother Nature let some of the snow melt later in the day, but it's still out there. It looks like she ruined some of the Easter egg hunt plans this weekend, but we'll still find a way to have fun!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

It's probably bad but I LOVE the pic of Eliza crying in the snow. You captured her perfectly. Brooklyn is a doll shoveling snow!

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

Yes, I sure was disappointed with the snow but the boys were so rejuvenated because they hadn't seen it in a while that they played in it for a good hour all by themselves with no fighting. I also wonder what all those Easter Egg Hunts are going to do in the snow.

Mindy said...

It was horrible, wasn't it?? I love the picture of Eliza in her snow suit crying, way cute!

Holli said...

Ya, you are a better mom that I. I see snow and tell my kids it is a snow day, and that means staying inside...ha ha. Cute pics!

Mark and Kattie said...

so fun!

The Mom said...

Cute!

Tia said...

Fun pics! And I LOVE Stephens Mint hot chocolate too. It's the best!