Friday, April 16, 2010

Dance Performance & Tumbling

Brooklyn had her last night of dance class on Tuesday and it was a dance performance. 5 weeks of dance class and then she performed! I thought she did very well for such a short class.
Here is her hair all pulled back to dance.
All dressed and ready to go! She was so excited to dance and have her dad and grandparents attend.
Here is her class dancing. There were about 6 classes there to perform and a TON of people! One kid ran off, which I was worried about Brooklyn doing, but she stayed and danced her BEST dance yet!
Here's a few shots so you can kind of see the dance. I don't think I can transfer the video I took on my video camera to this blog nor would it transfer to my blog book.
Then they got awards.
Brooklyn and her "exceptional dancer" award. I believe they all got the same award. :)
Eliza was hard to contain. She only liked it when the music was playing.
I love this picture of Brooklyn. She's watching the other dancers, but I can see a glimpse of what she will look like when she's older.
Brooklyn and Katy Hood, her dance teacher.
Brooklyn and Grandma Pat and Grandpa Ted.
Brooklyn and Grandma Pam. Grandma Connie wanted to come, but she was in Moab babysitting another grandson.
We were very proud of her!

Then the day after she started her tumbling class. New teacher, new class and new skills. She wasn't sure about this. She really wanted to go to dance again. She basically did somersaults, which she isn't great at, but is improving. She didn't seem too excited about this class, but she wants to go again next week. I like her teacher so much better than the last one though so hopefully she enjoys it.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Those pictures are so stinking cute. I can't believe how big Brooklyn looks. I love that picture of her, and I see what you mean about seeing what she'll look like when she's older, she'll be beautiful! I am glad she is enjoying these programs, sounds fun!

Jessica said...

She's is growing up. She looks so much older than the last time I saw her.

Mindy said...

Oh my gosh! She is getting so big! And such a cute little dancer! Is Katy Hood related to Haley Hood Jones, by chance? if so they were in my WJ ward and sisters, if not then it's a cooincidence that she has the look and name of another Katy Hood... or is it another K name... not sure. :)