Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter

It's about time I post about our Easter weekend. I must admit, it was a bit hectic running around each day to different events, but I loved it. I love spending time with family and having my kids get to know their extended families better.
Our Easter weekend started off Friday night in Herriman with the Nowling family. We went to a neighborhood park and froze to death while they hunted down over 140 eggs. Luckily, there were quite a few grandchildren there to help so it didn't last long.
Eliza's helper was her daddy. She found 15 eggs!
Brooklyn's helper was her cousin, Dani. They found 19 eggs!
Afterward, we went to Cody and Shyann's house for dinner. We had a great time together!
On Saturday morning, we went to a Harris Easter party. It was at my Dad & step-mom's house and my mom were there as well. They hunted eggs in the basement to avoid all the mud and cold that awaited them outside.
Here's Brooklyn with her cousin, Sariah. They were happy by their success.
Eliza loved all the candy. I have probably close to 20 pictures of her this weekend eating all the yummy candy. She would have eaten it all day, if I would have let her.
After the hunt, we enjoyed a hot dog lunch and enjoyed time together as a family.
Later that day, we went home and colored our Easter eggs. Brooklyn remembered doing this last year and knew exactly what to do.
Eliza watched and learned. Brooklyn wanted to do it all by herself. It was a bit messy at times.
Here are the creations! Brooklyn loves hard-boiled eggs and has loved having them around to eat every day.
Then Easter Sunday we woke up to a little treasure hunt to find their Easter treasures. They both received beach pails of little things. I went a little overboard this year because of all the deals I had gotten lately on things. I've made a resolution to be better next year and let Easter be more about Jesus than all of these gifts. Yes, we talked about Jesus and his resurrection, but we can always do better. I have some good ideas after reading some of your blogs about what your family does to celebrate so thank you all!
Then they were off to hunt for eggs. We aren't against the Easter Bunny, but we've never really talked about it so Brooklyn just knows we are the ones who give her Easter stuff.
Eliza loved finding eggs.
Brooklyn and her basket she used to find eggs.
This is the only picture I have of Eliza and her basket. She never held still love enough for a better picture.

We also enjoyed listening to General Conference. It was special to have that on Easter Sunday, but it also was a little crazy on Saturday to watch it all. I'll have to make sure I read all the talks when they come out in the Ensign. It was a great conference and I'm grateful for the opportunity to hear from the prophet and apostles and other church leaders.

We hope everyone enjoyed their Easter as well! Next post: The basement. Stay tuned....

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun!

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

Wow, lots of fun Easter events. You are brave to have a hunt outside in the snow. I guess to the kids it's well worth it to find so many eggs.
Can't wait for your next post!

Erin said...

Looks like a fun weekend. It was a bit cold this year, I love the egg hunt in the snow.

Mindy said...

Cute! I love Eliza's candy smile! It looks like you had a fun time!

Tia said...

I love all these Easter pics! And I also can't wait to see pics of your basement. :)

Liz said...

So fun, it looks like it was a great weekend! I can't wait to see the basement!