Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Basement

Our basement is livable!!! Not finished, but livable. I could post more pictures than anyone would want to see of the entire process, but I'll just show you the product in it's current state. We had carpet installed on Friday. We found an amazing carpet place called Wards Discount Carpet. The prices were amazing and so far we have enjoyed the installation.
We still have several things to do, but all we want to do is play down there now that we have carpet. We tried to get as much as possible finished before the carpet was installed, but there are just a few things you can't do until you have carpet. We need to put hang closet doors, buy blinds, finish things in the bathroom, etc.
Hopefully we'll get it all finished and decorated soon and then we can start having people over. For now, here are a few pictures.
The stairs were carpeted in a different style than the rest of the basement (you can't really tell from these pictures though).
The family room.
The family room, part 2. Facing the other direction.
The toy room.
The bedroom. Pardon my family. I thought I took another picture of this room, but I don't have another finished picture without people.
Then I went a little vinyl crazy in the toy room. I bought this vinyl at 70% off at JoAnn's a few months ago and I've been impatiently waiting to put it on the walls. I chose the vinyl, then chose the colors to match the vinyl. Strange, but I wanted this room to have a fun feel to it and I fell in the love with the vinyl.
The other part of the toy room.
The bathroom (with our bedroom closet doors). And excuse the dust. This just shows we still have things to do!
There is also a storage room and a laundry area, but no pictures are needed. Our storage room is a huge mess at the moment.
We started this project in June 2009 so hopefully we'll get it completely done by our year mark! :) For now, it's too much fun just relaxing and enjoying it! If you happen to stop by my house and I don't answer, it's probably because I can't hear you in the basement. I need to figure out a solution to that problem too.

13 comments:

Trista said...

Woohoo so jealous! Love the toy room; maybe I should festive ours up!

Mark and Kattie said...

love your easter post! And your basement looks awesome! I am sooo excited for you guys.

Unknown said...

I love it! We will come over and see it. I love all the colors of the walls and of course the cute play room. I can't wait to get our play room all done! We need to set up a day to get the kids together to play. Great job on the basement!

Liz said...

Wow, that's amazing, you guys did such a good job! I know it is even better because you guys did it yourself, good job! I can't wait to see it!

Kelly said...

So cool! It looks great! And Wards is a great place. We went there lots of times when we were looking, but they never had enough of the stuff we wanted. We liked them, though.

Vala said...

So great! I think you guys have done a fabulous job, and I bet it feels so good to have all that extra space to keep the girls entertained! Cute toy room :)

Mindy said...

Yay! Good for you, Angie! You'll love spreading out and using all of the space, doesn't it feel like such a relief?? That's a lot of hard work and a lot of patience that finally paid off! I hope you love using it!

The Mom said...

So gorgeous! Awesome!

Erin said...

It looks so good. Have fun in your new space.

Melissa said...

I'm so excited for you! I'll have to come see it in person soon.

Tia said...

Wow, it looks so great!

Jessica said...

Cool! The extra space will be nice. Oh how I miss basements!

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

Great Job. I love that the stairs is more of a hardy carpet. That's good thinking.
I LOVE the fun girly playroom.
When are you going to have a party?