The day after the pumpkin patch, Brooklyn wanted to paint her pumpkin first thing in the morning. I made her wait until we went to the library in hopes she would forget about painting. No luck. She had it all planned out. She HAD to paint that pumpkin! I would have rather waited until Eliza was down for a nap, but Brooklyn wanted her to paint one as well.
I decided to only let them paint the mini pumpkins.
All covered up in hopes of no messes. I wasn't so lucky. Eliza was a disaster and had paint everywhere. I became mean mom and stressed over all the paint. It soon turned into a not so fun activity.
They both had fun though because they didn't see any mess.
Brooklyn wanted her pumpkin purple.
Eliza chose brown.
After they dried, we tried to think of something fun to turn the pumpkins into. I picked a spider for Eliza's, even though she picked the green and pink eyes. Then I wouldn't even let her hold it again because she kept ripping the legs off.
Brooklyn made her pumpkin a purple pumpkin sitting on a haystack. She wanted to have a face though since Eliza's did.
Craft projects always remind me I need to relax a little and deal with the disaster. I'm still not very good at it yet. The girls were pretty proud of their work though!
Monday, October 18, 2010
Painting Pumpkins
Posted by
Angie
at
3:04:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Knowing how I am about food clean up I'm sure that crafting will be difficult for me. I love that you did that with your daughters.
I think they turned out adorable. And it is hard sometimes to not stress out about the mess.
I understand the stress...I feel that with 25 students when we do a project :) But...what can you do? At least they have fun with it. These are the kind of activities kids remember, too - so good for you doing it even when it is stressful! :)
You are so good about doing crafts with your kids. Look at the smiles on their faces. They loved it and won't remember that you stressed out!
I love that you turned them into something. So creative!
We used to paint the pumpkins, too, before the age of using sharp tools. Our past pumpkins seemed to be similar to those colors also - hee hee. Love the fall - there are so many fun traditions and things to do with kids.
Post a Comment