One of our favorite Halloween traditions is to visit the Witches at Gardner Village! We have done this every year since Brooklyn was born. It's gotten harder to find a day to go with Brooklyn in preschool. Last Thursday, I was looking at the calendar trying to decide when to go. Then I watched the news and the weather convinced me if I was going to go to the Witches I had to go immediately. It's no fun in the cold.
We decided to take a trip as a family on Friday night. We got there around 5:30 pm and knew we had made a mistake. The place was packed! It was Witches Night Out! Everyone was decked out in their costumes, mainly witches, and here we were wearing our normal clothes. :) If I were driving, I would have turned around and gone home, but Marty was committed. We found a place to park and hiked into the village! It turned out to be a really fun night!! And the weather couldn't have been more perfect. The kids didn't need their jackets until the end. We did the best we could to just enjoy it as we normally would and it worked out really well. We took a ton of pictures and I loved a lot of them so I had to share!
Brooklyn has been giving us a fake smile lately for pictures. We figured out if we tell her to laugh, she will let out a giggle and then we get to see her genuine smile.
Walking around.
There were several new witches this year. Brooklyn loved this firefighter one with water that blew over the bridge.
Pretty cool!
I love all the wagons.
This witch was like the Princess and the Frog, which Brooklyn loves. Eliza was a little unsure.
No fear though, she went right over and sat down (hesitantly!) I think all the witches walking around were what really made her nervous.
This is my favorite witch because it's the same one every year and we always get a picture sitting by her. I had to sit with the girls to show them it was safe.
Then Eliza was fine to sit by herself.
Well, if Eliza can do it then Brooklyn had to as well. Wow! Brooklyn hasn't sat by this witch alone for the last two year.
Daddy and his girls.
Marty wanted to play in the leaves. Do you see his mischievous look?
Watch out!
They all got into it and really enjoyed themselves. I enjoyed taking the pictures.
Eliza trying to get all the leaves off her.
The bike witch is another favorite.
They were selling these hats, but we just posed for a picture.
That's it!
The girls had a fabulous time!!!
Haha, as were were walking back to our car, Brooklyn decided she needed to take a picture of Marty and I. She sat us down and this is what we got.
And this...
Ah, finally! It's actually a really good picture. I had to laugh though. It was another fun fall family night!
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
The Witches!
Posted by
Angie
at
3:21:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Looks like a fun time. The pics Brooklyn took of you and Marty are entertaining.
That looks like so much fun!
How fun! I thought about taking Isaac this year, but then waited too late until the crappy weather hit. Next year! Your photos are adorable, and I am glad Marty got to join you guys on this witchy adventure :)
I love it! We did a quick walk through with Scott's mom during priesthood session earlier this month, but I didn't really get to take any pictures, I really want to take the boys back and check it out again, I'm mourning the end of October,this month has flown and I'm afraid we might not get to do everything I wanted to do!
I love your little budding photographer, she is so funny, great artistic images she took! :)
I was looking at a calendar and realized the month is gone! Wish I would have thought before the weather :( We are going anyways, because like you this is one of my favorite things. Eliza is so cute, and she is looking so big!
This is one activity I've never done before. I think I might have to try to get there next year. I just have never been a Halloween lover so I don't think about doing things. :) I love all the pictures but I think the best ones are the ones playing in the leaves. So fun!!
Great pictures. The fake smile age is one of my favorites when they scrunch their little noses. We still haven't gone, my boys are freaked out by the witches...and elves. I'll make them check out your pictures so they have some competition.
Love the pic of you and Marty...OH! and I'm impressed you weren't afraid to angle a shot - fancy moves!
Love Eliza's scrunchy nose when she smiles, adorable! And the shoe and leg pictures are the best!
Oh, this made me homesick! I miss the witches and loved going every year. So glad you were able to go though. Brooklyn looks so big. I love Eliza's face in the first picture. Fun night!
Where did you find the witch with the piano? We looked all over for that! I took my girls last week and it was so much fun.
I love that you posted those "wrong" pictures that she took. What a good idea! I would have immediately deleted them.
I need to take my kids to Gardner Village to see the witches. It looks like so much fun!
I'm so sad we haven't gone this year. I'm afraid we won't get a chance unless we go tomorrow. We'll see. The weather is getting colder and colder.
Great poses with the witches. Do you ever do the scavenger hunt to get a free cookie?
Post a Comment