The last three days have been full of fun Halloween festivities. The best way to show all the fun things is to show lots of pictures!!
The fun started on Thursday afternoon when Brooklyn had dance class and performed her Halloween dance for everyone's parents. Her dance class is smack in the middle of the afternoon so she was very fortunate to have her daddy there.
All the girls dancing.
Posing for a class picture. I didn't try too hard to get a good picture since I was on the side of the room.
On Friday, Brooklyn dressed up again to go to preschool and have a Halloween party.
Friday night was our ward Halloween Carnival.
Marty, Eliza, and I were Chinese people and Brooklyn was our cat, Chester. We even taught her to wave like the Chinese cat you usually see all over Chinese places.
Eliza didn't really want to dress up until she saw that her mom and dad were also dressed up.
We had dinner, a carnival with fun games and activities, and a trunk or treat type thing around the church. Eliza enjoyed coloring the best.
Brooklyn liked it all, but we only got a picture of her fishing at the fish pond. It was a fun night!!
Saturday morning, Eliza and Brooklyn were invited to a friend's house for a little Halloween fun.
These are their bowls before we even went out trick or treating. Eliza's is the smaller one. We really didn't need to go out trick or treating, but wanted them to have the experience.
But first we had to carve our pumpkins. We usually do it the Monday before Halloween for FHE, but we were worried about them going bad so we did them on Saturday since we had a busy week.
Marty helped Brooklyn carve her cat pumpkin to match her cat costume.
Eliza was asleep while I carved a pumpkin for her (I know, very anti-climatic, but we didn't have time to wait for her to wake up). So we gave her a little tool and let her go at it for a bit. Luckily, she didn't ruin anything. She has a goblin pumpkin.
It was raining and cold when it came time to go out trick-or-treating. Fortunately, I remembered I had this awesome Chinese coat to add to Eliza's costume. Thanks to my Chinese friends in Taiwan who mailed me all of these things when Brooklyn was born.
Then off we went! Excuse Marty's reflective jacket. We only walked around the block and a few circles, but it took a good hour and a half. Eliza was a trooper and walked most of the way. She was just slow. We like to go out as a family so sadly we missed most of the kids that came around trick or treating. Now we have all this candy to eat.
Eliza started doing the candy sugar dance once we were home and before her bath.
Here is our finished pumpkins outside. Marty's is the mummy, mine is the ghost with Boo, Brooklyn's is the cat and Eliza's is the goblin. They turned out great!
Then today, since it's still a holiday but it's the Sabbath day, we let them wear their fancy Chinese dresses to church. They loved it and looked so cute!!
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Happy Halloween!
Posted by
Angie
at
1:46:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
So cute! I love your carved pumpkins! And you all look so cute as a Chinese family!
They did look so cute at church! We have a ton of candy here too. I just let them go at it for a week, then I ration it.
Looks like a fun weekend...and I love the Chinese dresses, so cute!
So much fun. Your girls look adorable.
So cute, I love the pumpkins, they look awesome! Eliza is hilarious, but that is how I remember Brooklyn. It's hard to see Brooklyn looking so big. The chinese dresses are beautiful!
What a fun Halloween extravaganza. You guys were super cute at the carnival.
Love all the pics. And your pumpkins are so impressive!
Your girls are such dolls! Love the pictures. And the pumpkins look great!
Too cute!!!
The Chinese outfits are adorable - especially the little coat. It looks like a lot of fun and your pumpkins in the dark pic is amazing. Mine never turn out!
My family has never gotten into the theme dressing up thing. But it's super cute! Brooklyn is a beautiful cat!
Post a Comment