Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Another week

Another week has come and gone and we've managed to sneak in a little more Christmas fun.
We painted fingernails and toenails. Brooklyn wanted red, green and white! Eliza had red and green.
We painted Christmas ornaments. I finally wised up and bought the Crayola Washable paints so they painted in their pajamas.
Brooklyn did really well doing this project. She painted four of them.
She was proud of her house. She did great considering our paintbrushes were only one size and hard to get exactly on the lines.
She wrote her name on the back of each one.
Eliza was a mess. She just kept painting the same spot over and over again. I think it's a masterpiece. :)
Thursday was Brooklyn's dance performance. Her dance was held in her dance studio and the parents were able to watch it, but no one else could fit so we video tapped it if anyone is interested. We curled her hair up and made it special.
Her dance costume.
Dancing
And more dancing. They performed two dances and they each had a small solo part. It was cute!
The whole class.
Friday was Marty's birthday. He had the day off work and he enjoyed his day with his girls. Eliza, who just had a birthday, was eager to open more presents.
These girls love their dad.
Then we went to Leatherby's for ice cream! Look who's "eyeing" the ice cream.
Eliza quickly stole my peppermint ice cream and ate most of it.
These two shared Marty's caramel sundae.
Then we took the girls up to Marty's parents in Kamas for a sleepover and enjoyed a little parent break. We had a whole day to ourselves to go to a movie, shop, go to the temple, eat and rest. It was lovely, but very quiet!
We made our gingerbread house. We had to let it sit for 24 hours before we could decorate it.
Last night it was time to decorate it with lots of candy!
We had fun!
Marty and Brooklyn did most of the work. It was decided that we would make two gingerbread houses next year because these two had very strong opinions about how it should look. I just sat back with Eliza and contributed a little. Eliza enjoyed eating the candy.
Here's our final product!

4 comments:

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

What a wonderful weekend you had. I think a weekend of being "kid free" just even overnight, sounds great. I think I'll ask for that for Christmas.
Looks like a wonderful time painting and doing more fun Christmas things. Way to go on documenting it all.

Melissa said...

Good times! Angie, I love that you put so many pictures up and we get to see the girl's cute personalities...and the birthday boy's tiara. Priceless. When I first started blogging and realized there were so many other blogs out there, I didn't know you very well at all. Now I feel like I do, much of it because I get a peek into your life - I just love your whole family AND your blog. Thanks!

Mindy said...

your gingerbread houses always look pro! And I love the tiny toenails!

Holli said...

First off, the gingerbread house is one of the best I have seen. Second, I love that you guys got a weekend together, I think that is just so awesome!