Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Laps, craft, party, and snow

A few days ago, my girls were so cute and wanted to sit on laps all day long! Fortunately for me, it wasn't my lap.
Brooklyn LOVES when Eliza wants to sit on her lap. It makes her feel so big! So she was DELIGHTED when Eliza let her read her a book.
And sat on her lap while eating lunch.
This craft was very impromptu and not well thought out. I told them we were going to make a wreath. While I was cutting out leaves to attach to the wreath, Brooklyn had already glued most of them on and liked it just the way it was. Eliza glued on about 4 leaves and called it good.
Saturday night we had a family party at my Dad's home. This picture is my dad talking with the grandchildren about the Christmas story. We had such a good time! We haven't been able to get everyone together for several years so I was SUPER excited that we were able to gather this year (minus 6 people). It brought back many years of growing up and it's always good to be together with family. I don't see some of my family very often. My dad and step-mom are planning on going on a mission some time next year so we thought we had better make it work this year.
Eliza's turn to open a present, Lincoln Logs! She especially loved playing with all her boy cousin's trucks while we were all together.
Brooklyn didn't like all the attention of opening her gift in front of everyone. Plus, she also got a set of Lincoln Logs and didn't like that she got the same thing as her sister. She told her dad that we didn't need so many of them.
However, the next day she was eager to get them out and build!
Eliza found a new way to play!
She enjoys playing with the little people and horses that came with the set. She is often accidentally knocking them over. Luckily, they are pretty easy to rebuild. They have really enjoyed having something new to play with so far this week.
We woke up to more snow on Monday and after preschool Brooklyn wanted to go out to play. I was incredibly ornery yesterday and realized I do not particularly enjoy building a snowman. We built this pathetic looking thing and put two rocks in for the eyes and then I was done. Marty came home and quickly added more to him.
The girls enjoyed playing on their swingset in the backyard and sliding down the slide. They realized they go really fast down a wet slide while wearing snow pants, but found it fun to fall in the snow at the bottom.

P.S. If you happen to notice Eliza's facial bruises in these pictures, it's from her pulling the stocking holder down on her face and falling on her head at least three times in the past three days. Poor kid.

7 comments:

The Mom said...

So much fun! My kids also love snowpants on slides! Your girls are so cute!

Liz said...

It looks like you guys have had a good holiday season! We love Lincoln Logs too, they are a lot of fun. The girls looks so cute!

Mark and Kattie said...

I love the laps, that is so adorable!

Mindy said...

I totally forgot about lincoln logs! we'll have to track some down. Carter is really into the small legos right now, I'll bet he would love building with logs! I love the laps! It's fun to watch them interact when they get older, huh? I love that Brooklyn loves being a big sister to Eliza. Cute girls!

Border Collie Lipstick said...

It is so great to see what cute sisters your girls are. Hope you and your family have happy holidays!
Peace,
Jules

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

They are so sweet. Sitting on laps does make you feel very important and grown-up; good for Eliza for being so willing.

Holli said...

I haven't read your blog for apparently a long time. It was nice to read all the post I missed, and I just love how well you keep it up. I am a slacker! Your girls are getting so big! You are an amazing mom with all the Christmas stuff you do. I do some, but not near what you seem to do, although I can say I wouldn't want to paint my boys toes :) I love Lincoln logs, my kids don't, and I am okay with that because I hate cleaning them up...ha ha It is awesome when a family can all get together, glad you got that this year, looks like a lot of fun :)