Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas fun

December is so easy to fill with fun activities that I try to do a few fun things each week that revolve around Christmas. Here's a few pictures showing what we've done lately.
We put up our Christmas tree! It's been up since some time toward the end of November/beginning of December. I honestly don't remember the day. :) We watch Christmas movies and have fun together!
Eliza was more excited about eating popcorn then helping this year, but she did manage to break, I mean help, on a few ornaments.
Brooklyn has enjoyed the company of the tree in our front room. I thought it was a sweet picture of her coloring next to the tree.
On Saturday, I decided to take the girls down to Cougar Place (by my house) for their Christmas shindig. Marty was at a baptism so I wanted something fun for the girls to do. We missed The Festival of the Trees this year so I guess this was our replacement.
I forgot my camera, but Brooklyn and Eliza both were able to pet a reindeer. They also enjoyed the fun activities inside, especially these balloons! Brooklyn wanted a purple candy cane and we picked a flower for Eliza. They, however, wanted nothing to do with Santa.
Notice the snowflakes on our window in the background. We made those last week together.
On a side note: our ward Christmas party was Saturday night and I was able to get the girls close to Santa. Brooklyn actually sat on his lap. I had to be a little honest about who was really under the costume in order to get her to agree. Earlier in the day, we had a discussion about how Santa can me in two different stores at the same time, since we saw him at different places within minutes of each other. She now knows all about Santa's helpers, but she still knows the real Santa will be coming Christmas Eve.
The girls wore their Christmas dresses to church on Sunday.
On Monday, we were able to gather with some local friends for a fun tradition that was started last year. We make donuts and deliver them to some unexpected neighbors as we carol them with Christmas songs. Now I'm a little hesitant to post this activity because I don't want anyone to be offended. Just know there is only so much room in any given house and only so many houses we can deliver goodies to. We try to spread the wealth and hit different houses each year. If you are a tad bit sad you weren't included, then by all means start a tradition and invite some neighbors!
Donuts are yummy!
Out in the dark caroling. Image darkened to protect the innocent. :)
The kids all wore these fun reindeer hats.
Adorable!
On Tuesday, we decided to visit the Elves at Gardner Village. I was hoping we would be able to visit them this year so when the weather warmed up, we decided we better go. We went early enough in the morning that the place was vacant. It was so nice! After awhile though, it started to get pretty busy.
The whole gang, minus two little ones and the moms.
Then we stopped in the bakery for a sweet treat. Brooklyn had to have this tree cupcake. She's a frosting lover so all the frosting really made the day extra special.
Christmas is about 2 weeks away. Stay tuned to see what we come up with next!

5 comments:

Mark and Kattie said...

It looks like you guys have been busy and enjoying the season! You are so good at documenting it :)

Liz said...

So fun, I love christmastime, it really is a fun time for kids. I love the elves at Gardner Village. I'm glad you're enjoying the season!

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

I have never been to see the Elves. That might be another tradition we have to start. I'm glad you all had a great time making donuts- that recipe is SO delicious! (well if it's the same one I had last year)
Looks like a lot of fun times.

Vala said...

Wow, you guys have been busy! Looks like lots of fun for your fam :) THe elves at Gardner village look a little spooky. Maybe I'll have to take Isaac to see them! lol

Holli said...

I never got my blog done with the elves, glad somebody did. The donut thing is awesome!