I always like to look back at the past year and my blog makes it easy! 2010 has been a rough year for several people I know. I hate to say it, for fear of what 2011 will bring if I do, but I'm going to say it anyway. Compared to what so many people I know have been through, we have been so blessed! There I said it! Now I can blame this post when things start falling apart. :)
The biggest change I noticed in 2010 was how much our little Eliza has changed over the past year. She turned 2 this year. She learned to walk, go up and down the stairs the right way (meaning the same way everyone else does), grew 15 teeth, went from hating nursery to love it, learned to communicate through facial expressions, learned tons of sign language and went from hardly talking to talking sentences. It's amazing the things she says these days. She's full of personality and opinions!
As I look back at pictures of Brooklyn in January 2010, she has changed a ton too! Brooklyn turned 4 this year. She tried dance and tumbling in the Spring and is now in a consistent dance class and loves it! She graduated from her first year of preschool and has learned so many new things. She loved Sunbeams and her teachers and loved being in Primary with the big kids and learning songs. She loves to be a big sister and teach Eliza things (good and bad). She doesn't quite understand that Eliza is constantly watching her. She went through a spell of not wanting to be separated from her family. I'm happy to report she is still doing well and actually told me over the holiday break, that she would rather be at school then home. Let's hope this continues as she gets new primary teachers on Sunday and Kindergarten is coming fast.
We finished our basement and I must say that we love it! It's so nice to have a basement. It's still not organized and "put together", but we are so glad we finished it! Marty and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary. We had fun as a family celebrating holidays and birthdays. We went to Lagoon, a couple of baseball games, Disney on Ice, The Princess Festival and enjoyed summer playgroups.
We visited Burley, ID, Moab, UT (twice) and had a few Staycations. No big vacations for us this year (remember how we love our basement). :) We enjoyed our time with the youth of our ward at Youth Conference B.O.O.T Camp. We raised money for CF and MS and enjoyed participating in those events.
Overall, it's been a great year full of growth and learning experiences. We are truly a blessed people!!
Friday, December 31, 2010
2010 in Review
Posted by
Angie
at
3:33:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I can't believe how much Eliza has changed too, your family is so great, I'm glad you had a good year, you deserve it!
A good year to be sure.
Sounds like a great year! I am glad there were no major bumps in the road for you guys :) Those months between one and two years really are amazing, aren't they?
It's fun to look back on what happens in a year.
And I really hope things don't fall apart for you! May your blessings be continued. Your family deserves them!
I love Eliza. She has definitely grown into her own little person!
I hope you don't curse yourself either! :) I love little Eliza, she is such a cutie, and she has a sweet personality, and hopefully between the twos and threes she stays that way :) ha ha I love your basement too, and if it was between a vacation and a basement, I would have chosen the same.
Post a Comment