I could bore you with all the details of how sick my family and I have been for the past 10+ days, but I'm sure no one wants to hear it. I really could go on and on, but let me write just a few things. We've all had some virus that effected us each differently. Marty was the lucky one that only got the virus for a day or two.
It was crazy how much it varied. It was truly miserable. Miserable to be stuck at home for so long. Miserable to be sick and still have to take care of my girls. Miserable because I would cough so much at night that I couldn't sleep. Miserable because it hurt! I was starting to feel better, when within hours I was worse, really worse. I finally took us all to the doctor and I had a sinus infection. Brooklyn had a board-line sinus infection so I filled her antibiotics as well. Turns out, the antibiotics were making her sick. She would throw up randomly. I stopped giving her those. Mine are finally starting to work after a few days. I finally feel relief in my head. I haven't been this kind of sick for so long. I've had bronchitis before and that was miserable as well.
As I was whining and complaining and praying it would go away, I thought of all those terminally ill people and I wondered where they found the strength to keep going. I honestly just wanted to die. That sounds horrible, but like I said, I was miserable.
But today, I'm grateful to be alive and to be able to breath without coughing and for good medicine to make me healthy again.
Monday, January 31, 2011
Sick
Posted by
Angie
at
2:34:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Yuck, I'm sorry you've been sick. The hardest part of being a mom is taking care of other people when you are sick. I hope you're able to kick it completely and be healthy again!
Amen to that - what would we do without modern medicine? I'm too much of a wimp to live without it. I'm so sorry you guys got hit so hard. I remember one Christmas, Jeremy and I both had ridiculous coughs. I remember feeling like I was choking on all the phlegm. Gross! Sorry. I just mention that because I remember how much I hated it. So glad you're on the mend!
I am grateful you are alive! I hope that kind of sick stays far away from me :) We have had little colds, but really after a couple days (minus an ear infection that won't leave) we have been good. Feel Better!
I'm glad that you are doing better. Hopefully the sick season is almost over and we can enjoy the beautiful sunny weather. If you need anything, let us know.
Hey! I'm pretty sure we had the same virus here, and the same thing happened, Scott was sick for like 24 hours and I'm still coughing a month later. :( I think we've mostly kicked it, but this has been a seriously rough winter for us too. I hope you all feel better soon, and that especially you are able to get some rest so you can keep doin' what ya gotta do. :)
I always wish that the world would stop when I'm sick. I'm sorry that it has been such a struggle. I hope you and your family continue to feel better and better.
Yuck! I'm happy to hear you're starting to feel better. Hope you had some help!
Post a Comment