Marty was able to take time off work from December 23rd until January 3rd. It was SO nice to have family time and to have him home with us. However, it also got us way off routine. It was fun to sleep in and not have anywhere to go on a few of those days. It was nice to get some things done around the house (the best thing being that we can finally park both of our cars in the garage again). It was awesome to have a little break from regular life.
Reality hit this week. It actually hit at 2 am New Years Day. Marty woke up to Brooklyn standing in our room. She was nervous to tell us what happened, but told Marty to come into her room. Turns out, she had thrown up. Marty cleaned everything up and went back to bed. She threw up a few other times that night. I laid awake in bed worried about us all having the stomach bug. Fortunately, when Brooklyn woke up she was completely fine. It was as if nothing happened. Looking back at what she had eaten on New Years Eve made it all clear. We had gone to see Tangled with my mom and Brooklyn ate a lot of popcorn. Then she didn't like our choice of dinner and didn't eat enough regular food. Later that night, against our suggestion, she ate more popcorn. We think all the grease and such didn't settle well. No one else got sick so it had to have been something she ate. Phew!
Sunday was hectic to say the least, but the next three Sundays appear to be just as crazy. On Monday, Marty went back to work and Brooklyn went back to preschool. I have been spending a little time all week getting my house clean and somewhat organized. The best part about it, I have found myself really enjoying cleaning and putting it away. The clutter from the holidays is just about gone and it's a relief. I have found joy in cooking and trying new recipes. However, the "novelty", if you would call it that, is about worn off and I'm sure real reality will settle in next week. Meaning, I won't want to clean or cook or do anything that I really should be doing. So for now, I'll enjoy it!
Thursday, January 6, 2011
Reality
Posted by
Angie
at
9:29:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Good job Angie! I wish I was finding joy in cleaning right now. I know what you mean though, sometimes it feels really good to be a housewife and make wonderful meals and have a clean house...it can be so satisfying.
I am so glad Marty cleaned that up for you!
It is nice to have a small break from reality. I'm glad you could enjoy that.
I bet those 10 or so days were great though! It's always so nice when both parents can be home...
We always get thrown off during that break, too, and Isaac really got used to us both being home! All good things come to an end eventually, right? I'm glad you didn't all end up with the flu!!!
Good thing the stomach bug didn't visit!!!
I love the feeling of clean and fresh after Christmas is down. Good for you for keeping up. As good as a holiday break is it's always hard to get back in the rhythm of things. You're an awesome mom!
Post a Comment