Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter!

Here's my Easter explosion post! We've been having a lot of fun enjoying the Easter festivities. I should have broken these posts up, but here they are all together.
Brooklyn had been bugging me all week last week to know when we could color Easter eggs. We decided to color them on Thursday night since she just couldn't wait any longer!
This was the first year Eliza really understood Easter. She thought we were a little strange when we pulled out Easter eggs in egg dye. She did think it was pretty cool to draw on the eggs though.
Brooklyn was beyond excited and she remembered just what needed to be done.
It was a little hard waiting for the eggs to dye so we brought out some candy to sweeten the fun!
Eliza was in awe when she saw the eggs were a different color.
It was a lot of fun! We only colored a dozen, but Brooklyn wanted more!
We also enjoying taking pictures as a family.
Give a girl some jelly beans and she's all smiles! She gets that from me! :)


It was fun to tell them to pose and see what they each came up with.
Brooklyn had two great poses so I decided to post them both.
She makes me smile!
LOVE the family picture we were able to get.
Saturday we went up to North Salt Lake (where I grew up and where my mom still lives) and enjoyed their city Easter Egg Hunt. Look at all those eggs!
Eliza and Brooklyn were in different age groups. I was with Brooklyn and I decided to keep the camera. I reminded Brooklyn that we couldn't keep the eggs so it didn't matter what color the egg was so she should just grab whatever egg she could find. Well, that went in one ear and out the other. Once it started, she went hopping from one purple egg to a blue egg and back to purple again. She only wanted purple and blue eggs. She was surprised when before she knew it, they were all gone.
It didn't matter to her though. She was proud of her eggs!
When we went to check on Eliza, we found out she froze and was terrified by all the children running that she just stood there and cried. I'm glad I kept the camera with Brooklyn. Fortunately, some very sweet and generous 2 & 3 year old kids shared their eggs with her.
They got some candy and fun prizes.
Eliza enjoyed the candy most.
It was pretty fun overall, but it always goes by so fast!
Eliza spotted the park and wanted to go straight there. She had LOTS more fun there!
She was one happy camper with slides and swings and things to climb.

Brooklyn had fun too.

After an afternoon nap for Eliza, we had a visit from the Easter Bunny who took the girl's Easter baskets and hid them along with several eggs. We decided to do this part of Easter on Saturday this year and I'm so glad we did! Brooklyn spotted the first egg that led them on a trail downstairs to all of the eggs. She was so excited that she just started collecting them all! We had to make her stop so that Eliza could catch up.
Eliza was a little less enthusiastic about the whole thing, but did enjoy it when she found the eggs.
Brooklyn was excited to find her basket! She asked us to come take a picture of her with her basket before she moved it.
Eliza had no desire to find her basket (because she didn't completely understand that she was supposed to find it) so Brooklyn found it and gave it to her before we got a picture of it all together.
They both enjoyed their gifts and we had fun playing their new games.
Sunday we enjoyed more time with Marty since they canceled leadership meetings that day. We had a fun morning together, but it went by way too fast! We focused on the resurrection of Jesus Christ. We only talked about the story a few times, but we had a FHE about it the Monday before so Brooklyn told us she knew all about it so we didn't need to talk about it anymore. I guess she's not quite old enough to really understand the miracle of it.
The girls loved their Easter dresses and loved twirling and dancing in them. We thought they were super cute!

5 comments:

Mark and Kattie said...

Wow, that was a fun post! And the girls look soo sweet in their dresses!

The Mom said...

So much fun! And I love the dresses! Too cute!

Liz said...

Wow, you are an awesome mom! I'm glad you had such a great Easter!

Mindy said...

adorable Easter dresses! It all looks like lots of fun... by the way, I think you've cut your hair since I've seen it... it's way cute!

Holli said...

Looks like a fun Easter. Don't tell my kids you dye eggs :) ha ha ha I love their dresses, so cute!