Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Winner, Winner!

First off, thank you to my very sweet husband who surprised me and wrote a message about me on this blog. He's never done that before so it was extra nice and not expected. Thank you also to all of you who commented. It made me feel special! I needed that right now so I really appreciate it! A very close family member is having some health problems and though I can't talk about it right now, I will explain when I can. I'll need a way to vent when I'm finally allowed to share it with others. There's something to keep you all up at night wondering about. :)

On a much lighter note, I wanted to share something that Marty recently won. We don't win many things so when we do we get a little excited! Marty entered to win a trip to New York through the Wonka Golden Ticket contest he heard about on the radio. You can't win unless you try, right?
Turns out, he never told me about this contest. One day I get this random envelope in the mail from Nestle addressed to Marty. I request a lot of free samples so I assumed it was something I requested and put Marty's name on so I decided to open the envelope to see what it is. This is what I see...
At first I thought it was a joke! It looks completely fake and made up to me. When I called to tell Marty what it was he told me about how he entered this contest and hoped to win a trip to New York, but 3rd place was free candy for a year. Haha, it was real! I couldn't believe it! Lucky for Marty he LOVES candy! So every month, he drives over to the Maverik by his work (because he has to use the coupon at a Maverik) and gets 12 free Nestle/Wonka candy bars. He usually leaves them at work to snack on throughout the month. He brings home one or two for me, which is sweet but I'm glad he doesn't bring them all home. That's a lot of candy! I'm thinking I'm going to have wean him off the candy once the year is over, but for now he's a winner!

7 comments:

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

That is awesome! Who wouldn't want to win free candy? What a great surprise!
I'm sorry you're dealing with family health issues right now, so are we and we're not in the position to share details either. I hope you have comfort and peace during this stressful time.

Mindy said...

Yay! congrats! I don't care what the prize is, winning is fun and exciting! I hardly ever win either! :) Yay for chocolate!

Erin said...

That's a great prize. I'm not sure that 12 candy bars a month would be enough for me.

Kelly said...

Free candy! That's cool.

Potter Family said...

That is hilarious, but kind of fun to be a winner.

Kristen said...

He got a golden ticket! I would demand to see Willy Wonka if I was him! Worrying about family is such an emotional thing. Hope you know I'll be there to listen if and when you're ready to talk.

Holli said...

I still think 12 a month is a little on the low side of a chocolate for a year prize :)