Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pictures

The first week of school for Brooklyn brought school pictures! It's strange to send your kid to school with a check and order form and wonder how it will turn out. I can tell by her smile that she was a little nervous to smile for someone she didn't know. I think it catches how she felt about Kindergarten perfectly!

We had scheduled an appointment with Fotogenix to take some family pictures. It turned out to be the same day as the first day of school. I had found a deal through CityDeals (who I just found out today is now out of business) to try Fotogenix so we gave it a try.
Studio photo shoots aren't my favorite and they had a ton of restrictions on us based on the "deal" we bought. We ended up added a few things to our "package" as well. The photographer was great with the girls. We didn't like having to go to the studio so much (once to take pictures, once to preview the pictures and once to pick up the pictures). However, we like the pictures we got. It's different to be limited on the amount of pictures they put on the CD. On the bright side though, you get to see all the pictures we have because there are only 6. :)
We have 2 family shots.
This one involved them swapping my head from another picture. Eliza wasn't sharing her smiles very willingly so she needed a few tickles.
We only had two backdrop options. We ended up liking the wood backdrop the best.
We have 2 of Eliza. She's always been the type that doesn't warm up to the photographer very well. Ask any photographer that has had the honor of working with her. She makes you work for her smile.
I'm just grateful they managed to catch it!
And 2 of Brooklyn. She's always been my little model and knows how to look beautiful on camera. She usually puts herself in her own poses too.
With this picture being taken at the same time as her school picture, it's no wonder everyone wants this one!
One of my favorite things about getting pictures is replacing the old picture and pulling out all the old years to see how much they've changed. My girls are sure growing up fast! I adore them!

5 comments:

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

You're a great mom to order school pictures. I never do. I know, I know... But I always get the class picture then some other time we go to target (cheaper) and get the kids done. I'm sure the kids would like it if I actually ordered the ones from school though.
Brooklyn does look so beautiful with her hair all long and curled. What a grown-up kindergartner (is that an oxymoron?) anyway, I think they all turned out great.

Jessica said...

The pictures are great. Your girls are beautiful.

Vala said...

Cute! I love the family pictures, too! Not that you're asking for it, but my advice on school pictures in the future? Since I work at a school, I see how they shuffle the kids through. They schedule each class for a total of 10 minutes, which means about 20 or 30 seconds per kid. They take one photo, 2 if the kid's eyes were closed. Then, they send them on their way. I hate watching because my students always look really nervous too, since the people barely explain how they should sit before click! However, I agree, my students are always really excited when their parents do order. It's funny.

Border Collie Lipstick said...

Great pictures Angie. I love Eliza's excited smile and Brooklyn's cute poses.

Holli said...

I know you were frustrated a little with these, but at least you captured these few minutes of all of your lives right? I think they look good. I love Eliza's big smile, and I think it is cute how Brooklyn likes to pose :)