We had our one and only ultrasound on Friday, May 11th. I was officially only 18 weeks (just shy of 19 weeks by a few days), but since I was leaving out of town during my 19th week they let me schedule it a bit early. It turned out to be a really hectic day since we had a lot going on and still had a lot to do to prepare to leave for our trip the following day. My midwife scheduled the ultrasound with Western Gynecology, which was where my old doctor used to practice. So the ultrasound tech was the same one that performed the ultrasound of Eliza.
She did a very thorough job. In fact, as she was explaining everything and showing me how the baby was healthy and developing properly, all I kept thinking about was what's the gender? Pretty sad, I know. I'm grateful to have a healthy baby, but I was also eager to know the gender. I kept imaging boy or girl parts in places that weren't actually that part of the body. It's amazing what the tech can see when I have no idea what she is even looking at.
When she finally checked the gender, the little bugger wasn't cooperating. She poked me a few times to get the baby to move. Then she whispered "it's a boy" so only I heard. I was shocked and responded "are you serious?" and then instantly the tears of joy began. I love my girls and would have loved another girl too, but I was pretty excited to have another gender as well. Then the tech announced it to Marty and the girls that it was indeed a boy. After she made the announcement out loud, baby boy made it very obvious he was a boy!
Everyone's first question when we announced we are having a boy is how does Marty feel. Honestly, he would have loved either one. He really didn't show too much excitement either way, but I'm sure he is happy to have a little boy so he's not so outnumbered anymore.
The tech said based on the measurements she would list the due date as October 4th, but since it's only 4 days earlier than my original due date of October 8th, she said the doctor wouldn't change the actual due date.
Brooklyn and Marty enjoyed looking at the heartbeat. Eliza really didn't understand it at all. Now we have to decide on a name which is extremely hard. Boy names are difficult. They either sound really babyish or like an old man. :) Hopefully we'll decide before October.
Friday, May 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Ultrasounds are so fun! I'm excited for your family to have a little boy.
Hooray! I am psyched for you guys! How fun to have the chance to have girls and boys, well, boy :) in your life. Congrats!
We are so excited for you guys!
What an exciting moment for the whole family. I'm sure that your girls will have all sorts of fun with their little brother.
That is so exciting - boys are great. Plus, you don't spend as much money with all the accessories that go with all the cute clothes :) Boys like to collect things that are free ninety-nine...like rocks!
Post a Comment