Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hogle Zoo

Yesterday we made our first trip to the zoo this year. First I must say that we had planned to take Brooklyn to the zoo a few weeks ago for doing so well on her potty training, but instead she wanted to go to Grandma Nowling's. We didn't argue, it saved us $16!
Yesterday we were invited by my friend, Holli, to go with her since she has a family pass and could get us in FREE! I'm all about free! I think I'll have to invest in one of those family passes when I have to start paying to get my kids into the zoo. Holli brought three of her four boys (poor Trevor was at school). And our other friend, Jessie, and her two girls came along as well. We got 9 people into the zoo under this pass and we were all free (let's not forget that kids 2 and under are free and 4 of the 6 kids were 2 and under). Thanks Holli! We had a blast!
Here are the cute kids, Genna, Bryson, Kami, Dillin, and Brooklyn ready to start off on their zoo adventure!

The giraffe house was actually empty so we stopped for another picture.
It became difficult to get all 6 kids to look at the camera at once. Tyler (the baby) is actually in this picture so I had to include it.
The train ride! Brooklyn could have ridden this all day. Too bad it costs extra money. They also have a Carousel ride now too, but it was closed because they painted it. I still can't figure out why a brand new ride was being painted. The kids were very disappointed.
Playing in the water! The weather was perfect all morning, but it was getting warm by the afternoon. The kids were all getting rosy checks so it was time to head home. It was a fun day! Brooklyn loved playing with all these big kids!

3 comments:

Mark and Kattie said...

Looks like you guys had fun!

Mindy said...

Fun! Carter is also a fan of the zoo train. Enjoy the simplicity of these outings now while you can. I took the boys with Scott's sister and her little girl when Owen was about 1 month old and was utterly exhausted by the time we were finished!

Jen said...

Looks like a blast!! Andrew loves all of the animals at the zoo!! I am gonna have to find one around here.