Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Cleaning

I often find myself with several thoughts and questions in my head while I'm cleaning. So I decided this week, I would try to post these questions for you as they come into my head in hopes that once I have some answers, I will stop thinking of the same question every time. I also think maybe there's some better way or ideas to cleaning that may simplify or help my cleaning process.
So for my first question, what cleaning supply do you use to clean your kitchens and bathrooms? And what type of cloth to you use to wipe everything down?
--Here's my answer: Currently I'm using a cleaning supply by the name of Green Works, but I change quite frequently. And we just use rags basically...things like old, cut up garments or shirts to clean.
And for my second question, is there a room in your house that once it's clean, it makes your whole house feel clean?
--My answer: The bathrooms! They are my least favorite room to clean, but I do love clean bathrooms...too bad they don't stay clean for very long. Especially with a potty training child! :)
That is enough questions for now. I only do a little cleaning a day so I'm sure I'll have some more questions later. Remember there are no wrong answers. :) Thanks!

6 comments:

The Mom said...

I use good old ammonia. Put some in a spray bottle, add water, and go. I use it on the mirror, cupboards, sinks, toilets, and floors. And we just use rags. I have never been able to use old garments, though. Even with the markings cut out, I just can't do it.

Mindy said...

I clean my sinks with soft scrub and usually just use old dish rags.
My one room is probably my kitchen. I always feel a lot better if my kitchen is clean and have a hard time focusing on anything if it's not clean. I have a rule of no dirty dishes in the sink at the end of the day... who wants to start a new day with yesterday's dirty dishes in the sink?

Liz said...

If my floors are vacuumed, I feel like I have a clean house, unfortunately you can't tell for very long. I also can't relax until the kitchen counters are clean. It drives me nuts if the kitchen's messy. As for products, I always use Lysol all purpose cleaner. I have a whole set of rags that are "cleaning rags" I just buy a heavy duty washcloth and designate them rags.

Kristen said...

I love Green Works. It smells so good, but there's no bleach in it so when I want things really clean I use Clorox with Bleach. I've ruined too many shirts by leaning over the counter accidently so now when I use the Clorox I go and put on a shirt that already has bleach stains on it. We clean with white dishtowels and washcloths. I have heard that microfiber is the best thing to use. Whenever I have a clean bathroom I love going in there and just want to stay in that room forever. My biggest gripe is that even when my house is really clean for some reason it still doesn't look clean to me. Maybe it's the clutter or all the imperfections that only I can see. Cleaning is such a hard thing for me to figure out.

Dave, Bonnie, and Taten said...

I like scrubbing bubbles, lysol for the toilet and windex for the mirror and old dish towels. I agree with the bathroom thing, or kitchen. however when Taten's toys are out I feel like my whole house is a mess.

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

I always use something with a disinfectant or sanitizer like Comet, Lysol all purpose, Fantastik, whatever I feel like picking up at the store- or whatever I'm going to have a coupon for (yeah right) and I like using something that will really scrub like a textured rag or sponge with the green scrubbing part on it. But I have recently fell in love with Lysol or Clorox wipes. Just on the every day cleaning I can wash toilet seats then throw away, wipe counters, wash floors, even dust with them and they are easy for my kids to use too. Love them.

When my kitchen is clean my house seems cleaner. Maybe that's because you can always see my kitchen. It's kind of annoying.