This weekend we went to Idaho Falls and spent time with both sides of the family. We had a great time! We were invited to a sealing at the Idaho Falls Temple on Saturday. Sadly I had to miss Super Saturday in our ward, which I was really looking forward to, but it was worth it.
Marty's oldest brother, Blaine, adopted three foster girls (ages 3, 5, and 6) so that was the sealing we attended. Strange thing is that they live in Montana, but there temple district is Idaho Falls. Crazy for us Utahans to believe! It worked out great because it was a half-way point for everyone. It was a short 10 minute thing, but it was fun to see these little girls so excited!
We also went bowling with a few members of Marty's family that night. Yes, I'm 30 weeks pregnant and probably shouldn't have been bowling, but there I was. I bowled my worst game ever and Brooklyn almost beat me. Brooklyn calls it "bawling" and really loved it! She didn't even care if she hit a pin.
The other nice part is my oldest brother, Barry, and his family live in Idaho Falls. We haven't been up to visit them since my nephew was blessed 6 months ago so it was a good reason to visit them. Plus, it was nice to have a free place to stay for the weekend. Brooklyn loved playing with her cousin, Sariah, who is 2 weeks older than her. These girls were inseparable and enjoying going to the potty together. Sadly we forgot our camera so we have no pictures of this weekend, but luckily my brother sent some of Brooklyn & Sariah. If I can get more pictures from other people I will post them later. We had a great time, but it was really nice to get home and there's nothing like sleeping in your own bed!
Marty's oldest brother, Blaine, adopted three foster girls (ages 3, 5, and 6) so that was the sealing we attended. Strange thing is that they live in Montana, but there temple district is Idaho Falls. Crazy for us Utahans to believe! It worked out great because it was a half-way point for everyone. It was a short 10 minute thing, but it was fun to see these little girls so excited!
We also went bowling with a few members of Marty's family that night. Yes, I'm 30 weeks pregnant and probably shouldn't have been bowling, but there I was. I bowled my worst game ever and Brooklyn almost beat me. Brooklyn calls it "bawling" and really loved it! She didn't even care if she hit a pin.
The other nice part is my oldest brother, Barry, and his family live in Idaho Falls. We haven't been up to visit them since my nephew was blessed 6 months ago so it was a good reason to visit them. Plus, it was nice to have a free place to stay for the weekend. Brooklyn loved playing with her cousin, Sariah, who is 2 weeks older than her. These girls were inseparable and enjoying going to the potty together. Sadly we forgot our camera so we have no pictures of this weekend, but luckily my brother sent some of Brooklyn & Sariah. If I can get more pictures from other people I will post them later. We had a great time, but it was really nice to get home and there's nothing like sleeping in your own bed!
6 comments:
That is such a cute cousin picture, I'm glad you had fun!
Ok, I was going to say the same thing. Cute picture!
They look like they could be sisters! How cute. :)
Having family close is a nice blessing. Way too cute picture!
Ditto, what cute little gals!
I love Idaho Falls. We were married in that temple!
Post a Comment