Friday, January 9, 2009

For Fun

We enjoy taking turns hosting murder mystery parties. with a group of friends here in our neighborhood. We've done about 5 now, I think. It's something fun to do besides the same old things. We really enjoy it!
I own two of the How to Host a Murder games and I'm offering these to be lent out to anyone interested. I've purchased them and I'm not going to be able to do them again for a few more years (in hopes I will forget who the murderer is). So I might as well let others enjoy them instead of letting them collect dust in my closet. I've always thought a great idea would be to start a business where you rent these out instead of having to buy them. I finally found a game place that does, this but it was just easier to buy it instead of renting one.
I won't charge anything if you want to borrow them. All I ask is that you take really good care of it so the game remains intact. You also will need to make copies of the invitations if you decide to use them. We haven't even used the invites that come with the game.
Here's some pictures of the parties we have hosted at our house. This is from the Class of '54.
Our dining room became a 50's diner.

This one is from the most recent one we did...the Roman Ruins. This was just a few months ago and I was very pregnant so it's not my best costume.
Again, they are lots of fun. You don't have to dress up, but it makes it more real. All you need are three other couples. It's a dinner party so we ask the other couples to bring part of the meal. Also, these aren't LDS games so I'm not responsible for the content of the game. hehe...it's not too bad!
Let me know if you are interested!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Those are fun to do. I had a couple of them once, but I think a roommate borrowed them. I don't think I ever got them back. They are very fun to do. They are just quite a time commitment.

Jessica said...

Wow! Those pics bring back some memories. :0) You should have added in one of the Asian ones just for fun.

Kristen said...

Where did you all get your great costumes? I am the worst when it comes to costumes, hence the reason I'm not too fond of Halloween. Looks like so much fun though.