I received a Honest Scrap Award from Camille. I'm not really into these types of things, but I do feel like I have to do them when it comes to blogs for some reason (just wait and I'll explain). I'm not doing it completely right, but I'll do the part that involves me. So here's 10 random and honest things about me!
1. I dislike forward & chain emails and being tagged! No offense to anyone, but I often delete forward emails before I read them. I rarely get time to read my emails so I would rather use that time to read something directed toward me (ie: personal emails). I do love learning new things about people so I try to read ones that involve other people as well. I just don't like to send them back!
However, with blogs I feel I have to do what I've been asked to do for some reason, thus I'm writing this. It's actually been a little fun to think of what I should write!
2. I have the hardest time boiling eggs! I consider myself an ok cook so what's so hard about boiling eggs?
3. I tend to not listen at church. For some reason I can't seem to focus while I'm at church and kids don't help a bit. My mind is always somewhere else. I need to work on this since I have so much I still need to learn!
4. I really wish the stork would bring babies! I'm very grateful that I can get pregnant and for the kids I have, but I'm not a happy pregnant person and don't really enjoy it. I can't stand it when women say they have never felt better while they are pregnant! Plus, I would love for every woman that wants a child to be able to have one.
5. I have to clean my plate when I eat. This is something I have obviously learned from my childhood. I often eat too much so I'm working on portion control instead. AND I like to have something sweet after lunch and dinner. Something I'm probably teaching my children!
6. My nerves make me cry. For those of you in my ward, you know I always cry when I bare my testimony so I often don't bare it because I don't want to cry in front of everyone. I envy anyone who can bare their testimony without crying. Also, once when I was called to jury duty and I was called into the judges office for a few minutes, I got teary-eyed talking to him. This drives me nuts that I can't control it better! I also still cry when I tell someone I don't feel good (reminds me of when I was in Elementary school calling my parents to tell them I didn't feel good and needed to go home).
7. I love to go shopping! I enjoy looking for deals, but it would also be nice to one day buy whatever I wanted instead of worrying about money. However, I dislike grocery shopping. I'm not sure what the difference is?
8. I love reality TV shows, but have to only pick a few to watch since I don't have all day to watch TV. I love to watch what people will do. I love to go to baseball/football games, not to watch the game, but to watch the people!
9. School was hard for me growing up because I have the worst memory. I had to study really hard and I managed to get good grades, but it didn't come easy for me. Now I swear I don't remember any of it! It should be fun when my kids start school. :) Hopefully they are smarter than me!
10. I wish I was more of what I imagine a woman being. I don't feel confident in doing makeup/hair or crafty things. I guess that's why I have been blessed with girls! I'm a part of a talent group in our ward, but I can't think of one talent I have to offer these women. I'm grateful to my ward for helping me learn new things!
Now if anyone wants to do this and send it to me in an email or put it on your blog, I'll read it, but I won't do it again! :) Thanks!
Friday, January 16, 2009
Random and Honest
Posted by
Angie
at
3:14:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
That was a great list! Sorry, I didn't know about the tags!
To perfectly boil an egg, put your eggs in the pan. Cover them with cold water. Put in on the stove, cover pot and turn it on. When the water starts to boil, turn off the heat, but don't take the lid off or move the pan. Set your timer for 12 minutes. When the timer goes off, take the lid off and put the pan in the sink. Turn cold water on and let it run into the pan for a couple of minutes to cool the eggs down and stop them cooking. Voila! Perfectly boiled eggs. My grandma taught me that one.
I cry all the time too. It's embarassing because I'm not a pretty crier. I just jump right to the ugly cry!
And I would love to help you learn to your daughter's hair. I love doing it, and trying new things!
I cry when I'm sick, too. That's usually how I know something is really wrong with me - the tears kick in. I'd never thought of it being left over from childhood, but you're right!!!
You have many, many talents. Some talents, like creative talents, are just way more visible than others. One thing I've always admired about you is that you can talk to anyone. I clam up around a lot of people, but you seem to have the ability to be able to make people feel comfortable around you. That's a talent.
I have to agree with the pregnancy thing. I don't enjoy those 9 months, they are just the necessary evil to get the sweet little baby here.
I agree with the forwarded emails and tags. Sometimes I ignore them :) You're honest things are good. I always sit and try to think of something to write and can't think of anything somebody would be interested to know about me. I'm boring. I liked the stork idea, wouldn't that be nice?
I am so much like you, I loved reading your 10 things...but I don't know that I would follow through and do it.
This was fun to read, I'm glad you did it! I hear you on the crying thing. Sometimes I get so embarrassed for things that make me cry. I have a hard time paying attention in church too lately. I can't remember the last time we made it through Sacrament without taking one or two kids out. And also like you, I am not a chipper pregnant person. Lucky for me, both times I've had them cut short by a month and still had healthy babies. I don't know how I would ever make it a month longer like everyone else!
I almost always eat something sweet after lunch and dinner too! I also love to watch people, and I have a bad memory.
I think you're very talented! I agree with Kelly's comment, you're easy to talk to!
Maybe these are just all common things among women that I didn't realize or that no one admitted until now. We are very similar: I don't mind tags and forwards to read, but I hate doing them (I only do them because of guilt), I don't listen in church (kids probably have a lot to do with it), I hate being pregnant (sick sick sick), I always feel the need to "lick my plate clean", I get scared and teary eyed at most tense confrontations with people and when I have to talk in public, I don't have a great memory, and I love reality TV. Crazy that so many of us are a like. That way that "the Mom" said about eggs is true. It's actually in the Red and White checked cookbook (I think) that everyone owns. It really works. I liked reading your honest things, thank you for sharing.
I should have read this first. I wouldn't have tagged you. I agree about the forwards. I delete almost all of them without opening them.
Post a Comment