We hope everyone enjoyed there Easter celebrations! I'm a bit slow on this post because I needed to download pictures off my camera. I managed to fill my memory card for the first time because it's been too long since I've downloaded pictures.
Here's just a glimpse of what we did as a family to celebrate!
Easter egg hunt with the masses in Bountiful on Saturday. Brooklyn walked away with about 6 eggs, but she was happy!
Eliza's view of the Easter egg hunt. It was a bit chilly that morning! She, of course, did not get any eggs.
Coloring Easter eggs with Grandma. This was Brooklyn's first time doing this and she had a blast!
Here's all the colors they made!
Easter morning Brooklyn found eggs throughout our house and then found her Easter basket. This year some of her gifts were too big for her basket. Her favorite gift was the scooter! She told her dad later that day, 'this is the best Easter scooter I've ever had!'
Eliza enjoyed her Easter basket too! I just filled it with things I would have bought her anyway.
Here they are right before church. We needed to be leaving for church so it's not the best picture ever, but it shows their matching dresses!We enjoyed our Easter weekend! Brooklyn didn't know anything about the Easter bunny until she went to Nursery and someone asked her about him. I'm not against the tradition, I just hadn't taught her anything about it. We taught her more about the resurrection and the real reason we celebrate Easter. However, to give Nursery some credit, Brooklyn did come home knowing about the empty tomb, that the angels took Jesus' body, and that he visited with Mary. She actually listened!! :)
I'm grateful for this time of year to remember our Savior and for his example. I'm grateful that he died so that we can all be resurrected and return to live with him and our families one day. I'm grateful that Easter brings Spring and the remembrance of new life!
Hope it was a great day for everyone as well!
6 comments:
I love the matching dresses. How adorable!
Looks like you had a great Easter! Your girls are darling in those matching dresses, I didn't get a chance to see them at church so I'm glad you posted a picture.
So cute! Brooklyn takes really good pictures with that great big smile of hers. I love it!
They look cute in their dresses. It's hard to know what to put in a baby's basket, Cameron got binkys.
Okay, so Brooklyn is looking so mature! Cute dresses!
Super cute!
Post a Comment