A few months back, my friend Camille posted on her blog about having a pedicure. Since then I have thought about how nice that would be to have done before sandal weather hit so last Saturday some of my friends went and got pedicures. This was a new experience for me. Yes, I'm 29 and never had a pedicure before. My other friend, Jessie, took her 3 and 4 year old daughters to get pedicures the other day so I felt pretty old after I heard that. We won't go into how much the nail place charged her for a pedicure on little girls feet, but at least they have had the experience! :)
All and all it was a fun experience, but I also was a little disappointed. I guess I went in expecting to walk out with brand new feet or something. :) I still have rough feet, but my nails are pretty. I had a little 'buyers remorse' from the whole experience because I can paint my own nails, but again it was the experience for me. Plus, an excuse to have some girl only fun.
I'm thinking maybe I should start my own pedicure business. They make bank for what they do! But then again, I don't think I want to touch people's feet all day either. :)
For your viewing pleasure, here is what my feet currently look like. I paid extra for the flower, but now know how to do one myself.

It's a little strange to post a picture of my feet. I think feet are funny looking. I remember being a teenager and just staring at my feet and feeling so animal-like. They look like animal paws. I am grateful I have feet though, no matter how funny they are!
12 comments:
I too am thankful to have feet :) You're feet look good and pampering yourself is never a waste of money!
Your toes are beautiful!
Kelly told me how they rushed you guys out. Next time, try and go on a weekday. They are less busy and will take more time with you. Also, I think different salons do different things. The salon I go to, I go on a Friday morning, and I am there for over an hour, and I never wait.
Oh, and I was 36 before I got my first pedicure, so I am feeling really old! LOL
I think your toes look great!
I'm glad we did it, but I agree that we sort of got a raw deal since it was so crowded. It was worth it in the long run, but I would have liked to have had them spend more time so I feel like I got my money's worth! Your feet look awesome.
Pedicures rock! Where did you go? You definitely need a better experience.
Pretty! Pretty! I have never had one either- but I have a gift certificate that I need to redeem before I wear sandals as well. I hope they take time to help me feel really relaxed. Atleast with a gift certficate I won't feel any remorse, but we'll see if I ever pay for one. :)
I think you have cute feet, for what it's worth! :)
Gorgeous toes!
I only started getting pedicures about a year ago, so you aren't alone. Your toes look great and ready for summer!
Glad you finally ventured out. Sounds like you need a new location. I would never get one at a nail place simply because of exactly what happened to you guys. Go to an actual spa for your next one. It will be much better and you'll have the relaxing spa experience.
Try V-J Nails by the Target at Jordan Landing. Bring a friend or book - I have a difficult time understanding the small talk.
Post a Comment