Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sleep

Is anyone's kids waking up earlier and earlier each day? Brooklyn used to sleep until at least 8am. About a month or so ago it moved to 7:30 than 7 than 6:45 and today 6 am!!! Why is this happening? I've moved her room around trying to hide her from the sun and the sounds. I've tried a sound spa to keep her asleep and nothing is working. Anyone having this problem with their kids? Any suggestions to help make my kid sleep longer? I'm exhausted!!

10 comments:

Mindy said...

Ha ha ha! This is NORMAL for our house! :) Our kids are both early risers. If we sleep til 7 we think it's sleeping in!! Good luck with that... sorry no suggestions here. :)

Trista said...

Well, we taught Sabrina the 7:00 rule. She is not allowed out of her room until there's a seven at the front of the clock, and it works beautifully! We never say she has to stay in her bed, but she's never even thought of it since she can't come out. Just a suggestion!

Kelly said...

Yikes! I'm sorry that I have no advice, just that I empathize. Whenever Meredith wakes up extra early, I just PRAY she'll let me nurse her back down. I never knew I would appreciate sleep so very much!

Mark and Kattie said...

We definetly don't have to wake up that early, that is horrible! Have you tried putting up a blanket or something in the window so she doesn't realize it is so light outside earlier? I really don't know what else.

Vala said...

Oh, I wish I had some suggestions! I can certainly empathize with the lack of sleep, though! Good Luck!

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

Yes, that is happening here too. The sun, the excitement, the birds chirping, I think it all contributes. I was just getting used to 7:30 morning again after being off track, and now we're back to about 7:00- and 6:00 once last week. Argggh!

The Mom said...

When Taylor was 3, I had the same problem. I actually cut a couple of pieces of cardboard to fit his window tight and would put them in when I put him down at night. I would then take them out in the morning when he got up (at a normal time!).

Jen said...

I have 1 kid waking up and 1 staying asleep! Lucas gets up at 6:30 on the dot every morning... Andrew will usually sleep until about 7:30... I wish I could get the baby to sleep longer but I am out of ideas on that!

Melissa said...

Oh yeah - Brooklyn is about the same age Josh did it, too. He wakes up around 6am. I tried all the blackout panels, etc - nothing worked. He has a 7am rule, too, but...doesn't get caught at breaking it too often, because the rest of us are asleep.
Just know that in a couple years, B will be old enough to watch cartoons and pour herself a bowl of cereal until the rest of the house wakes up.

Erin said...

Sorry no suggestion on the sleeping thing, maybe just send her to my house she can join my kids that also wake up early. I put my blog to private and can't find your email. Send it to me ebytheway@yahoo.com and I'll add you.