Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Church History Museum

The Church History Museum downtown has a really fun exhibit for kids that I never knew about until now. The theme is "I am a Child of God", which I believe is meant to correspond with the Primary theme this year as well. This exhibit changes frequently. My step mom volunteers at the Church History Museum once a week and has always told me about this so we decided to finally make it down there to check it out! It's fun to let your kids play at a place that is church- oriented and safe. No swearing kids or graffiti, just happy kids (mostly)!
Brooklyn loved the Nursery where she could take care of her own baby and pretend to be the doctor, etc. It reminded her a lot of when Eliza was born.

She also loved pretending to bathe the baby.
Another favorite part was dressing up by the Nativity.
She wanted to take this sheep home with her!
Now she's the angel.
Speaking in conference!

There are lots of other things that I didn't get pictures of her doing that involved crayons and markers and making a temple out of blocks, etc. We had a fun time down there.
The playgroup in our ward is going down here in August so if anyone is interested, please join us!

3 comments:

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

My kids have never been there so I hope we're around when the play group goes.

Kristen said...

Didn't Marty get enough practice all those years moving the podium up and down? Poor Brooklyn can't even see the teleprompters! :) It looks like a fabulous exhibit. I'll have to take my girls. They would love it.

Mindy said...

This looks really cute!