Thursday, June 4, 2009

What do you want to be when you grow up?

This has always been a funny question to me. I still don't know what I want to be and I think I'm all grown up! :)
Brooklyn had me laughing so hard yesterday morning so I thought I would share. Brooklyn has been asked this question quite a bit lately and around friends that tell her what they want to be when they grow up. Brooklyn usually says she wants to be a doctor (what child doesn't?). Well, yesterday she was asking me to tell her what she could be. I was trying to think of all kinds of things besides the basic ones that people always hear. Most of them brought no response from Brooklyn, but a few did! When I said "zoo keeper", her response was "no, because the animals will poop on me!". And my favorite was when I said "secretary". She said "yeah" to which I thought, does she even know what that is? Then she said "yes, because then I can hand out suckers to everybody!" I guess she wants to be a "suckertary"!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

LOVE it!

Liz said...

That's so funny! I cannot believe how grown up she is! It astounds me that she can have these conversations with you. I think she is so stinkin cute!

Trista said...

OK; that is cute!

The Mom said...

Cute! I want to be a suckertery too!

Mindy said...

What a smart girl!! She sounds so much older than I remember her!

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

I want to meet a real suckertary- I'm sure my kids would love to meet one too!
Don't worry, I don't know what I want to be when I grow up either. All the things I remember that I told people are long gone out the window.

Jessica said...

So funny and cute! She's a smart little whippersnapper!