Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Eliza!

One year ago, Eliza was born into our family. We are so grateful for her fun, little personality and all that she adds to our home. Here's some fun things about her at the ripe old age of 1.
*She has three teeth (all on the bottom).
*She drools constantly.
*She loves to pull everything out or off of things.
*She LOVES a good game of peek-a-boo. All we have to do is say "Where's Liza?" and she will instantly put her hands somewhere on her head. They usually end up on her ears. And then she will drop them and we all say "Peek-a-boo". It's cute!
*She loves to practice her balancing skills and when she's doing it, she expects applause.
*She loves to play with a ball.*She adores her big sister and does everything she does. When Brooklyn gets hurt and starts crying, Eliza follows. Brooklyn has a laugh that sounds a like her laugh. So Eliza will watch Brooklyn carefully to make sure not to laugh until she knows Brooklyn is laughing too.
*She loves to feed herself and doesn't like us to feed her anymore.
*She refuses to wear a bib anymore. She will rip it right off once it's put on.
*She's the best sleeper. She takes two good naps and sleeps 12 hours at night. One of my personal favorite traits. :)
*When she's excited, she opens her mouth really wide and flares her arms.
*She sounds like a pig when she's mad.
*She gives the best hugs and wet kisses!
*She loves to play in the bath tub and splash water.
*It's fun to tickle her and make her laugh. I also have a funny face that I can pull that will make both of my girls giggle at any time. If Brooklyn laughs, Eliza will laugh too.

I really love this age! She's so curious and loves to do anything. I know the independent/tantrum throwing stage is coming soon so I'm trying to love every second I get with my sweet little girl. I'm also so excited that she's one and can now eat just about anything. I'm excited she can drink whole milk, eat peanut butter and citrus fruits. I love when all the restrictions are removed. Plus, I know I will love it after I know she weighs 20 pounds so I can turn that car seat around. She goes in for her well-child visit on Friday so we'll cross our fingers. Happy Birthday, Eliza! Here's to lots more learning, growing and adventures in the years to come!

7 comments:

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

Happy Birthday Eliza. Look how much she's grown. I can totally picture that very first one of her and the bear and now she's almost as tall as it. She is so cute!

Liz said...

Oh my gosh she is adorable! I can't believe it has been a year, that has flown by! She's so cute, happy birthday!

Melissa said...

I have a great aunt Dolly who's name is Catherine, but because she looked like a doll when she was small - her family called her 'Doll' or 'Dolly' and it stuck for the rest of her life.

A random story you think? No - I think Eliza looks like a perfect little doll.

Happy 1st Birthday Eliza!

Trista said...

She is so cute! And I love what you documented about her. She's going to love that when she gets older.

Mindy said...

So dang cute! She's catching up to that bear now! She's a sweet baby! I can't believe how fast a year has gone!

Erin said...

Happy Birthday. She looks adorable and sounds like she is lots of fun.

Holli said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELIZA!!! She is such a sweet baby, and I love her cute little personality already.