Eliza had a great birthday! I must admit, I was a little burnt out leading up to her birthday. We have four family birthdays prior to this day and there were a few other things going on. I had no motivation to do much, but I think it turned out to be a pretty fabulous day for this girl. I tried to take pictures of most of the different things she did all day to try to capture the day for memories sake.
She woke up around 8 am to enjoy about 10 minutes with her dad before he left for work. We let her open two presents. She opened some clothes so she could wear them and Baby Signing Time Volume 3 so she could watch it! She was so excited!
After she watched Baby Signing Time, she took a little break in the hallway to play with the ITouch.
We had these balloons left over from a baby shower I had thrown a few days earlier. Luckily, they were still up in the air so I didn't need to purchase more balloons. :)
"It's my birthday and I can cry if I want to!" She was tired of her mom and the camera in her face already!
Then we started baking the cake. Eliza enjoyed dancing to music and licking the beater.
She decided to help with the dishes. Notice how there are no dishes.
We ate lunch and got ready for Brooklyn's dance class. After class, Eliza took a late nap.
She woke up just as Grandma Pam came to visit after work and brought her presents: Megablocks!
Dinner was pizza. One of Eliza's favorites. She kept saying "pizza, pizza". She was so hyper after she ate this dinner. It's pretty easy to please this kid.
Then she decided to sweep the floor. She's usually not this helpful, but I guess she wanted to help out on her birthday.
Then she played with her toys while she waited for her "party".
Cheesy kid.
Her party consisted of her Grandpa Ted and Grandma Pat and her family. My mom had come early and left before because she had to work the next morning. Grandpa Doyle was sick so Grandpa and Grandma Nowling stayed away.
She opened another Baby Signing Time DVD from us and a book from Brooklyn. Then opened her present from Grandpa Ted and Grandma Pat. She received a cute skirt and sweater as well as...
A shopping cart!
Then it was time for cake. I didn't make anything special because quite frankly, she's two. I will have plenty of years of her telling me what she wants later in life. She was completely happy with this cake. I did, however, let her pick out her own ice cream at the store and she picked Mint Brownie. Good choice, I must say.
She was infatuated by the candles. We tried to teach her to blow them out, but she was nervous so in the end, Brooklyn helped her blow them out. I doubt she made a wish either.
She loved the ice cream and cake!
Here she is with all of her spoils. It's been so nice to have all these new toys to entertain the girls. And I do say girls because Brooklyn has played with them just as much....maybe more.
Eliza then took a bath and went to bed. I asked her if she enjoyed her birthday and her response, "yeah!"
On Friday, she went to the doctor for her 2 year well check up. Last time we were there, we were told she would be done with her immunizations until she was 4 or 5. Well, they surprised us with a new immunization so she had to have a shot as well as booster for her flu shot, but she had the flumist. She wasn't very happy about the shot.
Later that day, Grandma Connie surprised us with a visit and brought her a present-A Leapfrog Laptop! Eliza loves it! Now if I can just get her to stop pushing all the buttons so fast so she can actually enjoy it.
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Birthday Roundup
Posted by
Angie
at
9:30:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I love Eliza. I love that first picture of her the best! Yay for 2-year-olds!
Looks like a fun birthday. The "magical" age of two :) What a cutie!
adorable! I love the birthday hat! It looks like she had a perfect little birthday!! I love this age!
Looks like she had a wonderful birthday! We were thinking about her all day and Gunner was excited that it was his cousins birthday. I still can't believe they are 2 now!
Camberlyn was looking at these pictures with me and when she saw Eliza on the chair blowing out her candles with the hat on she said, "Oh a rooster." What? Silly girls.
Looks like Eliza had a very fun day. Happy Birthday.
It looks like it was a perfect 2 year old birthday! She is such a sweet girl.
I love the picture of her licking the beaters. She looks like she is wearing lipstick! LOL She is so cute!
Post a Comment