It's no secret I'm not a fan of snow. With that being said, I needed to post about some of the fun things about snow.
Last Sunday, November 21st, we woke up to a ton of snow (or at least it seemed). I really don't like to drive in snow and prefer not to. I didn't wake up early enough to shovel my driveway and get all three of us ready for church. I was fortunate to have a neighbor help me out with the driveway, but I didn't realize that until it was too late to get everyone ready. So instead, I kept with my plan to clear the driveway. However, we missed sacrament meeting because of it. We did make it there for our classes though.
When we came home, the girls were ready to play! Eliza took a nap and then we bundled up and went out to play in the snow.
I wish I could wiggle my nose and get kids ready to go outside. It takes forever!
Brooklyn wanted to make a snow angel first thing.
Then we had a snowball fight. Brooklyn would grab huge armfuls of snow to throw at me. Luckily, most of the snow would fall before she got close to me.
Eliza has her mom's blood regarding snow. She gets cold easy and is done before we really start. It might also be that her gloves are horrible and we need to invest in some better ones. :)
Brooklyn,on the other hand, could stay out all day and would never complain about the cold.
I pulled them around on the sled through the snow on our grass as well as through the neighbors driveway (the house is currently vacant).
Eliza liked helping pull Brooklyn as well.
Tuesday night (November 23rd) brought the threat of a blizzard. Everyone got off work early and we all prepared for the worst. It was a little scary when it first hit. It came on suddenly and it was very dark. Other than high winds, it really wasn't too bad. But I was grateful my husband was not driving home from work when it did hit.
After dinner, Marty took the girls out for a little fun in the "blizzard".
He pulled them through the snow.
Cold Eliza didn't last long again, about 5 minutes. Brooklyn and Marty stayed out for about 45 minutes.
Then this Sunday, brought another snow storm. It snowed All. Day. Long. It was depressing. I thought it would never stop. It really affected my mood.
I shoveled a few times and the snow would just keep covering it up.
Our reindeer lost his feet.
It stopped snowing at some point last night. We woke up to this. We forgot to take our swings off and now they are stuck in the snow.
Brooklyn got ready for preschool but it ended up being a snow day because the preschool was snowed in. The snowplow couldn't get in the driveway to clear it. So instead, we came home and played.
The snow piles are taller than our girls!
Eliza refused to wear her hat and gloves, but wanted to play in the snow with us. I had to help her walk because she couldn't move her legs. Then she insisted on touching the snow until she got cold.
Brooklyn is sitting down in this picture, but that's A LOT of snow!
Eliza went inside with Marty who was working from home and Brooklyn and I stayed outside to sled! We used the snow pile as our hill and she sled over and over again. I tried to go once and just sunk into the snow. :)
This kid was so HAPPY outside. It was fun to play with her.
But alas, we came inside to enjoy another blessing of winter.....hot chocolate!
Monday, November 29, 2010
It's going to be a long winter!
Posted by
Angie
at
9:51:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I agree, it has been too much snow before December. But it is so pretty and the kids love playing in it. Isn't it amazing how long it takes to get all the snow clothes on..ugh!
I'm with you and Eliza. I hate the cold. Meredith just wants to eat the snow. She makes me open the back door, and she tromps out, sits down, and chows away. Her snowsuit is too small, and we've had the worst time trying to buy her new snow clothes! Lots of stores are out, and the online ones are sold out. So I settled for paying more than I wanted to at oldnavy.com.
You got alot more snow than we did at our house. How's your back after shoveling that?
Now that Thanksgiving is past, bring on the snow...until December 26th. Then I will whine and complain until spring!
The blizzard was a bit of a let down. But Sunday sure made up for it. I love the way you play with your kids.
Oh man, I feel like the worst mom... I haven't played in the snow with the boys yet... we do have a good excuse though... Owen's got to get well and stay well, but you've made me realize I need to get Carter out there, even though I hate the cold and snow. :)
I know I shouldn't but I laughed really hard at that picture of your baby girl crying. She is so cute and she looks so distraught with her glove! Love it!
You are good to go play with them. I just sent mine out back to play :) I love the picture with Brooklyn's head barely being seen in the snow, too cute!
Post a Comment