There are a lot of great things about Fall. A couple of weeks ago, Brooklyn begged me to let her rake the leaves. We still had leaves on our trees, but also had a ton on the ground and since the sun was actually shinning, we went to work!
Brooklyn didn't last too long actually raking, but she did way more than I expected her to do.
Eliza wanted to help too and thought the snow shovel might be a good idea.
They both got tired and played while I raked a pile together and then I let them loose to play in the leaves.
They enjoyed chasing each other and loved the sound the leaves made as they crunched through them.
Before you knew it, the leaves were everywhere. I wasn't too excited about having to rake them all up again, but how can I deny my kids the opportunity to play in the leaves?
Here's a completely separate pile a little more toward our house. We took a few of our family laying in the leaves, but they weren't very flattering when suddenly you have two to three chins! :)
A few days later, I looked outside to see our trees were completed bare. That is never a good sign. Winter can not really be that close, can it?
We raked again yesterday. We were probably the only crazy people out raking leaves on an extremely windy day, but it's what the girls wanted to do. Too bad when you look outside today, you will find our grass covered with leaves again. I do live in a windy corridor after all.
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Leaves
Posted by
Angie
at
9:55:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love playing in the leaves and you're right, the wind NEVER stops blowing around here.
I loved reading this story. Your girls are so cute.
so cute! I love the one of them together, the top one of Brooklyn is a fun angle. My trees didn't really get big enough to put off enough leaves to rake yet, so we just dealt with leaves from our neighbors trees. I kind of missed it! :)
We have lots of leaves! You can come and do mine :) Funny how they want to help so bad, but by about 10 minutes they are pretty much done with the helping and ready to play. Leaves and little kids, I am glad you didn't deny them the fun of getting to run and play through the pile.
So cute! I didn't rake, and the wind blew all the leaves away. Yay! So you were probably raking up some of my leaves!
Post a Comment