Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Brooklyn's Dance Performance

Her hair was done...
Her makeup on...
Her sister thought it was only fair to be included in the photo shoot...
Then it was time for dinner and to get dressed and off to the dance performance!
Friday was Brooklyn's dance performance at West Jordan Middle School. She loved the practice run on Tuesday night so she was so excited to be able to dance on stage again. When I asked if she was nervous, she said "no, it's fun!"
Madi Hawker and Brooklyn were in the same dance class. They loved being together!
They dance at Bonnie's School of Dance and I must say that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Ms. Bonnie and I was even more impressed by the dance program. Each class danced two different dances. The picture above is of their first dance. They danced to "I wanna be like you" by Smash Mouth. It was super cute. A part of the dance is included at the bottom of this post. They also danced to "You can't hurry love" by the Dixie Chicks and wore their pink costumes. I loved that she had costumes that she can wear again.
Brooklyn has learned so much this year. She did such a great job and I was one proud mama!
Eliza enjoyed her spot to watch the show.
The finale dance included all the dance classes and they danced to "Beautiful for Me" by Nichole Nordeman. Do me a favor and listen to this song on ITunes or Amazon. It makes me cry every time I hear it. Each dancer came out wearing a mask and during the dance, they took off the mask. Ms. Bonnie explained she wanted her "girls" to know that no matter what the worldly "mask" says about how they appear on the outside, that they are all beautiful. Something to that affect. I loved it! Brooklyn didn't quite understand it. She just loved the mask.
All of her grandparents came to support her. My mom left a little early since she had to serve in the temple bright and early the next day so sadly I have no picture with her.
Brooklyn wanted a picture of just her grandpa's too!
And of course a family picture.
Here is Brooklyn with Ms. Bonnie. Again, love her! We will be going back here next year. Inexpensive tuition, cheap costume and recital fees, modest costumes, a teacher trying to build self-esteem. What else could we ask for?
Below is my video from my point and shoot camera. It gets a little blurry when she moves too fast, but overall you can see how adorable it was. Too bad she's in the back on this dance. She was in the front on the other dance, but it was more blurry in my video. Hope it works, I've never uploaded a video on here before.

4 comments:

Mark and Kattie said...

Ok, that is seriously so adorable. Love it!

Holli said...

I am glad you got a video....she looks so happy. I love when kids really look happy when doing stuff like this. Good job Angie!

Trista said...

Just out of curiosity--where does she take her lessons?

Tia said...

Bonnie is awesome! I went to high school with her, and we danced together on drill team too! She's the sweetest person. :) Brooklyn looks so cute!