Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My Dancer

Brooklyn has loved taking dance this year at Bonnie's School of Dance! On April 30th, she had dance pictures. She was able to wear one of her dance costumes, curl her hair and wear makeup.
It was a little strange putting makeup on my 5 year old. Not to mention a little hard, especially the mascara. She felt so grown up. She loved it!
She had probably the least amount of makeup in comparison to the rest of her class. I don't wear too much makeup myself so I'll have to learn the art of "dance makeup".
Brooklyn posed herself for these pictures! Love it!! When it came to her actual dance pictures, she wouldn't smile very well so we'll see how they turn out.
She has a dance recital on Friday, May 20th. She's super excited to have her grandparents come see her dance. She also has a very cute jungle costume that I can't wait to show you after the recital. I just love that her teacher tries to keep their costumes as modest as possible. One of the mom's actually made them. Amazing!

5 comments:

Mark and Kattie said...

She looks so adorable! How fun!

Liz said...

She looks beautiful! Her hair is getting so long...you're going to have your hands full in about ten years!

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

I might have to get in touch with you about this dance class. She looks like a natural and loving it. What fun!

Holli said...

It is so funny when kids pose, it is always some of the best parts of taking pictures :) Your a good mom, I think my kids would be the only one in the picture not wearing any make up....ha ha ha

Mindy said...

she's grown up so much! She is so cute!