Brooklyn started her 2nd year of preschool on September 8, 2010. Here she is on her first day of school.
And here she is on her last day of school on Wednesday, May 25, 2011.
Then she graduated on Thursday May 26th. She wanted to wear a "pretty dress". I made her a candy lei, but I don't think she understood why I did that. I thought it would be something fun.
The 3 year old and 4 year old classes were together for the graduation at the Kearns Library. Her class is on the front row. There were 16 kids in her class.
I arrived 30 minutes early this year because I knew how busy it would be after last year's graduation. I was still 4 rows back from the front. It was SO hard to see her with all those heads in front of me. We took a video of her graduation program, but sadly it didn't turn out great because of all the people. This year the room was completely packed!
There were cute and fun songs and poems. The kids loved showing us all the things they learned this year. They each had a part of the alphabet. Brooklyn's part was "The letter I says 'ice cream, ink'. One line, two short, now give a wink!'" I made sure she winked when she said that last part.
Eliza was my test during the graduation. She couldn't see very well so she was bored and out of control. Yet only I could hold her. It was hard to get pictures with a wiggly 2 year old on my lap. Plus, she was always trying to stand up on my knees to see so I didn't see too much of the program (not that I could through all the heads anyway). Luckily Brooklyn had sang most of the songs and told me most of the parts of the program beforehand so I didn't feel like I missed too much.
Brooklyn received her "diploma" from Miss Barbara. They posed for a picture, but we were on the wrong side of the room. :)
She was excited to show it to her classmates. Too cute!
All done! I wish I would have been able to get a good picture of her "graduation procession". My dad tried to get a good picture, but wasn't able to. Apparently, she saw my dad and the camera and suddenly stopped and posed. That's my girl all right!
I'm glad my stepmom and dad were able to make it to support her. My dad kept closing his eyes because of flash so he ended up looking away. :) They took us to lunch afterward at Wendy's to celebrate.
My mom also took the day off work to be there. Thanks Mom! She took Brooklyn and I to see Kung Fu Panda 2 to celebrate later in the day. She also gave Brooklyn $5 to spend, but she wouldn't. She's my saver. She's ok with me spending my money on her, but she won't spend her own!
Her other grandparents were sick so they didn't make it.
Her is our family picture. Sadly, my dad shakes a lot anymore so the picture is a bit blurry. It works though. We gave her two books and the movie Gnomeo & Juliet. We were proud of our girl after the year started off with her not wanting to go at all.
And here is Brooklyn with Miss Barbara. She adores her teacher, but she's always a little shy around adults.
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Preschool Graduation
Posted by
Angie
at
9:23:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Congratulations Brooklyn! These kids grow up far too fast.
Congrats to Brooklyn!
Oh I remember how crazy graduation gets. I wonder how early the front row people get there. She looks so pretty in her dress ! Congrat's - looked like a fun day!
Congrats Brooklyn!! I remember when Sarah and Holli graduated from Miss Barbara.
YAY! She looks so much older! I think it is cute she wanted to wear a pretty dress. I hate those programs in the libraries, there is never enough room!
Post a Comment