This post is better late than never! I finally felt well enough to get the pictures downloaded from Brooklyn's birthday so it's about time for this post!
Brooklyn turned 6 on Thursday, March 1st! My amazing and talented husband stayed up late the night before making this! I wasn't feeling well so it was his responsibility to make the cake. Fortunately, he's much better at decorating cakes than me! We did have a cake pan of Pablo, but the cake didn't come out as well as expected so he had to improvise a bit. He truly amazed me with this one! Brooklyn and Eliza loved it too! Eliza is already requested a Tasha cake. :)
Brooklyn had a fairly boring birthday as far as birthdays go. I wasn't feeling well so I couldn't make it as special as I would have liked. Marty was working so we did the best we could. She opened one present in the morning and then went to school. She had fun getting cards from her friends in her class and sharing a birthday treat (brownies!) with them!
After school, I decided to get her a Happy Meal at McDonald's even though she told me she wanted Panda Express more. I was going for close and convenient and she understood. It turned into a big ordeal to order from McDonald's though so I might as well of taken her to Panda Express.
She opened a couple of friend gifts during the day.
I watched a movie with the girls. Wait, correction, I tried to fall asleep while they watched a movie. It didn't work too well.
Marty came home for work and we had planned to make something for dinner, but it was almost time for people to arrive for Brooklyn's family party so we decided to get her Panda Express. We ate out twice in one day. Horrible! She was happy though.
Then finally, finally, finally, her family arrived! She was very much focused on the presents this year. I had to remind her it was great to have family there too.She was beyond excited that her favorite cousin, Sariah, came! This is one of her presents to Brooklyn. She LOVES Littlest Pet Shops!
Brooklyn waited all day to open her "big" present. She thought the box was huge, but really it wasn't too big. I guess she's just used to opening smaller presents. She was happy, which was a relief since she didn't even ask for it.
Brooklyn and Eliza made a pact with each other that if Brooklyn let Eliza open one of her gifts, Eliza would let Brooklyn open on of her gifts on her birthday. I'm not sure Eliza really understood this agreement, but she was happy to have something to open. It's always hard to be the sibling when it's not your birthday.
More presents!
A pretty new dress was one of them.
We better take time to read the cards!
Cute cousins. These two are 2 weeks apart in age.
I love this picture because it shows her pure joy. She was one happy girl!
Then it was cake time. They both admired the cake.
Make a big 6 year old wish!
Still happy! Lovin' her ice cream and cake. She wanted everything chocolate, however she had to have different colors of icing in order to decorate it.
And finally, here is the birthday girl with all of her spoils! I believe she got everything she wanted! Lucky girl!
Saturday, March 10, 2012
Happy Birthday Brooklyn!
Posted by
Angie
at
8:42:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Marty did an awesome job on the cake. It looks like she was happy with her day. It sounds like fun to me.
The cake looks fabulous.
Looks like she had a fun time even though you felt it wasn't as special as you felt it should have been. I'm sure she was especially pleased to eat out twice in one day.
Good work.
Happy Birthday Brooklyn!!!! Her cake was awesome, and I think you made her day as great as it could have been. She looks so big in the bottom picture, she smiling, and looks like a birthday success to me :)
Ok, for real? Awesome cake! I'm very impressed - happy birthday to sweet Brooklyn.
Post a Comment