Thanks for all of your responses to my prior post. I think I have some changes to make. I do usually use a bleach/disinfectant spray, but haven't since being pregnant. You can never be too careful.
Anyway, for my next questions (some of you have already addressed one of these questions)
*What do you use to dust?
--my answer: I use a microfiber cloth for things I can reach and one of those dusting wands (is that what they are called?) for things I can't reach. I don't usually use any dusting spray though since I don't have hardwood tables, etc, but I probably should more often. Is it just me or does it seem like dusting never ends?
*Does anyone have a mop they absolutely love? I'm doing a lot more mopping these days and I'm finding my mop is not as great as I once thought. I'm still often down on the floor scrubbing things that the mop missed. If you have one you recommend, where can I find one and how much is it?
Thanks again. Happy cleaning! :)
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Cleaning part 2
Posted by
Angie
at
9:51:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I use Murphey's Oil soap on my hardwoods and we use an Ocedar swivel mop that has a large rectangle mop pad with a soft microfiber or terry cloth top, you can choose the pads separately. Perfect for wood floors. I bought it at walmart of less than $20. I like it a lot.
Maybe I'm doing it all wrong, but I dust with wipes, like the Lysol or Clorox ones. Something wet gets more dust up than something dry...I haven't ruined anything yet, but I don't have any hardwood either.
I, too, need a good mop!
I have the same type of mop that Mindy has, it's a rectangle that you just stick the microfiber to and you can just take it off and throw it in the laundry. I got mine at a home show though, and don't remember how much I spent, but it wasn't very much. It came with 2 blue microfiber cloths, and 2 white ones for dusting. I love it! And I use Clorox cleaner for my floors, counters, toilets, well pretty much everything I guess. I love the smell, I feel like I'm at the swimming pool. And like Melissa, I also love the smell of Comet after I've cleaned out the kitchen sink with it. Yumm. Wierd, but yumm.
I use swiffer dusters - they even have ones w/ febreze built in for a fresh smell :) Mop wise - I have a microfiber mop...but my best mops are...Josh and Vincent. It's still a mystery to me why they like to do it...cause picking up their own toys creates drama. But I hand each one a wet cloth and a pampered chef scraper (for their stoneware) and tell them to spot clean the floor. They enjoy it and I only have to mop mop all over once a month or so.
Dusting...I get a rag wet and wipe down! That is how my mom taught me and it works. Cheap too.
Mopping, again with the ammonia. I fill the sink with water, pour in some ammonia, use rags, get down on my hands and knees and scrub. I never like using a mop because they don't get in the corners well, and nothing gets it cleaner than me scrubbing. Plus it's a really good workout!
Post a Comment