Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A rough few weeks

Our family has experience a rough few weeks that all started on Monday February 23rd when Brooklyn pulled her baby sister off our bed. It was a traumatic experience for me, but everyone survived. Then that Thursday, Brooklyn fell off the back of the couch as she was playing with the blinds (she has since stopped playing with them). She also tripped on her own feet and slammed her head into a wall that night. She walked away with a pretty bad bruise on her arm from one of these experiences.
Then Sunday, you all know by now that Brooklyn got the stomach flu. Then Monday morning, I had the stomach flu. Thursday night, Eliza got the stomach flu. It's so sad to see your little baby throwing her meal up, but she was a very happy little sick girl! I actually count my blessings that she just has a milk diet right now because it could have been very worse!
Friday night, Brooklyn slid off the counter and landed smack face-down on the tile. She split her lip open and has a bruised nose. And finally Saturday night, Marty had his turn at the stomach flu. He's finally feeling a bit better today and went back to work. Now that it's exactly two weeks later when this all started I hope I can say that's it's over. Because I'm done!
As rough as it was when we were all going through this reasonably short amount of time, I must say how grateful I am that it wasn't worse. Luckily, we as the parents had the worst part of the stomach flu. The girls fared pretty well and had it mainly during the night so they slept through it. I'm also grateful that through all of this none of us ended up at the doctor's office or the hospital. I do have to acknowledge our blessings, but hopefully now our days can get better! Bring on Spring, we are definitely ready!

3 comments:

Mark and Kattie said...

I am glad to hear things are getting better, hopefully the weather will warm up and no one else will get sick!

The Mom said...

Oh, I am so sorry! I hate sickness. Bring on spring and open windows!

Jessica said...

Those are some crazy heppenings! Glad you all survived!