Sorry, but no other words can describe how I spent my day yesterday. Brooklyn was sick on Sunday night and threw up a few times and then went straight to bed. When she woke up, she seemed fine; just a little weak. I guess she had the 12 hour version of the stomach flu.
I wasn't so lucky. Monday morning I woke up around 4 am to feed Eliza when I realized I wasn't feeling so well. Somehow I made it through that feeding, put her back to bed and went straight to the bathroom. Yuck! As long as I was asleep I felt good. However, if I moved or was awaken by another family member, it was back to the bathroom. It was Horrible! I kept hoping that after 12 hours, I would be OK but no such luck. I had the 24 hour version of this stomach flu. I wouldn't wish it upon anyone!
I was so weak and couldn't keep anything down. To top it off, I still had to nurse Eliza. Have you ever felt so weak and than realized you had to give the last drop of energy you had to your baby? I have never felt so weak in all my life! Luckily I made it through the day and Eliza still had something to drink at each feeding. I was worried after hearing a friend tell me she was sick and wasn't able to feed her baby. We tried using some of our "reserve" we had in the freezer, but Eliza wouldn't have any of it. Looks like I should have been better at feeding her bottles here and there. :)
I'm just glad Marty was home on a 'vacation day' to spend time with Brooklyn. I'm sure it wasn't what he wanted to do all day, but he was great at taking care of everyone so I could sleep the day away. Sure hope no one else gets this bug...it's a nasty one!
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
That Sucked!!!
Posted by
Angie
at
9:31:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm so sorry! That truly sucks. It's so hard to be sick as a mom because you can't take a day off! Are you better now? It's going around all over the place. I have several friends on facebook, not in Utah, who are sending it around their families. We missed you! Let me know if you need anything.
I remember after my 2nd was born Josh and I had the worst stomach bug. It hurt so much to put my baby on my stomach to nurse her. Not even the boppy pillow helped relieve the pressure. The things we do as mothers. Sorry you were sick but glad that you're feeling better!
So sorry Angie! It's hard when you have to nurse a baby! Carter has some weird virus right now that's been keeping us all up day and night for a few days too. Luckily we have all been spared, thus far! I hope you both feel better soon!
That really does suck! I'm sorry you were so sick. That really is no fun. I'm glad that both you and Brooklyn are feeling better!
I'm sorry Angie, I would rather have any kind of bug besides the flu. I don't handle the flu well at all. Luckily I have rarely had to deal with it. I don't know what I'll do when Alex gets it. It's horrible to watch your children be sick. I'm glad Marty was home with you, even though it probably wasn't fun for him, it was a blessing for you not to have to play mom for while you were sick. Let me know if you need anything.
That does not sound fun at all. Hopefully everyone is on the up and up by now!
Post a Comment