Saturday was my 30th birthday and Marty and I decided to go to St. George to get away for a few days to celebrate. Thursday night, we attended Bishopric night at Girls Camp in our ward and got home around 1 am Friday morning. That camp was far away!
Then we woke up Friday morning and left around 11 am, by the time we got everything packed. I hoped Eliza would sleep most of the time. I learned something about that little girl, she doesn't sleep in the car. She would sleep the max of 30 minutes during her normal 2 hour nap time. I also learned she poops a lot in the car. She would wake up from her nap, be happy for a few minutes, then it turned into crying and screaming. And each and every time, she had a dirty diaper we needed to change. It was odd! And I'm sure more information then you cared to know!
On Friday, we were only in St. George long enough to let Eliza actually take a hour nap before we went to dinner and then went swimming in the pool at the hotel.
Saturday, we let Eliza take a good morning nap and then had lunch and went hiking up by the Dixie. I have many fun memories of hiking up there with my friends from High School during many St. George trips with them. So I shared this area with Marty and my girls, since they had never been there. It was fun, but very HOT!
We were going to go shopping, but I really wasn't in the mood to buy anything so we decided to drive 2 hours to Las Vegas. Vegas is a hour behind us so this extended my birthday for one hour! hehe :) We went to Caesars Palace and ate dinner at the Cheesecake Factory (my favorite!) and then took Brooklyn to FAO Schwarz where she had to look at every toy! When we finally found our way out of Caesars Palace, we walked to Treasure Island to see the pirate show and barely missed it! The next one wasn't for another hour and a half. So we walked back to the Mirage and watched the volcano erupt. Pretty cool, but I would have rather watched the pirate show since I always seem to miss it. By then, it was about 10 pm and the girls were exhausted! So we drove back to the hotel and didn't get there until midnight. It was a great day! I love my family and love spending time with them so it was perfect just being with them.
Sunday we drove home and got home just in time for Marty to leave to go to the church for 3 hours of appointments! Wow, talk about being thrown right back into life! I can't complain though because I had him all weekend.
Below is a slide show of some of our fun times!
Monday, August 17, 2009
Birthday weekend
Posted by
Angie
at
10:37:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Happy Birthday, it looks like your family treated you well.
What a fun birthday weekend. I am glad you got to have some time with your family!
I'm such a retard! In all the back and forth emailing we did I forgot to wish you a happy birthday!!! Glad you guys had a fun trip. I always enjoy going to Vegas for the day too.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANGIE!! Looks like you guys had a fun time. I love the picture of your girls together. they look really happy! I hope you have a great year!
It's so nice to just get away, I'm glad you got that opportunity. It sounds like a wonderful b-day!
That is funny about Eliza needing a diaper change that often in the car, that sounds like our last road trip. It was about every 45 min. we stopped. Makes for a long drive. I love your pictures, they're so cute.
Sounds like you had a great birthday! I'll be joining you in the 30 club next month!
Post a Comment