I can hardly believe it's the last day of August! Summer is almost gone and it's been a fun one! Brooklyn starts preschool next week. I'm not sure how either of us feel about it, but I know it will be a good thing for both of us!
In honor of the last day of August, here's a few of the things we've been doing this Summer. Minus all the other posts I've blogged about and things I never got around to blogging. :)
We've enjoyed the ward playgroups every Tuesday. I think we made it to all but three of them. It was so much fun having something to look forward to each week.
We enjoyed going for walks outside. Brooklyn would push her babies while I pushed mine. This was what we would usually do while Marty was gone fulfilling his church responsibilities.
We tried to fly kites on some of those windy days. It's usually fairly windy where we live.We LOVED our garden this year. All the rain in June was a really good thing. We actually got carrots to grow, which we never had accomplished before. We were still eating peas in August and our tomatoes are finally turning red. We even have a cantaloupe and a watermelon currently growing. It's always fun to eat what you grow!
It's been a great summer and though it's sad to think it will be cold soon, change is good and we are looking forward to cooler days and the fun it brings.






4 comments:
Nice carrots! Looks like you had so much fun! I too, do not want it to end!
Looks like you have had a busy and fun summer!
I'm sad to say good-bye to the fun we've had. I also enjoyed the playgroups, they were so much fun- thanks for putting together that schedule.
We've never had carrots like that, they look great. You must have a green thumb. We always end up with tiny, skinny, and nimble carrots.
Good luck with your basement.
It's fun to see the transformation, but I just seem a little impatient. Even though we only are doing one room right now I would love the whole thing done. You'll have to show it off to all of us when it's done.
You'll have to coach me on gardening sometime. I really want to at least try to grow something someday (like next year). I'm sorry Eliza's had such a rough go of things healthwise. Hopefully she's just building up all her immunities to be super healthy this winter!!!
Post a Comment