Friday, August 7, 2009

SL County Fair

We went to the Salt Lake County Fair on Wednesday as a playgroup in our ward. It was fun, but very hot! I've taken Brooklyn to this fair every year for the past 3 years. She remembered the things we did last year and wanted to do them all again. Eliza enjoyed her first year!
Here they are visiting with the lambs. We also saw pigs, cows, ducks, chickens, roosters, rabbits, and a whole Australian exhibit with kangaroos, etc, which I'm not sure how it relates to "fair animals", but it was cool to see.
Then we went inside to the enjoy the A/C and the vendors. This exhibit was awesome! I was impressed with the marketing here. It was a HUGE area advertising the new Wii Sports Resort game. There were 12 stations set up where you could play each of the 12 games. I made all the moms stop for a picture. I really felt like I was stepping into a nice resort. The employees were friendly and nice and it was a fun environment. It made me want to go buy the game so I guess their mission was accomplished, at least for me. Thanks Jacque for playing sword fighting with me. It was fun!

Brooklyn played this cow tipping game in another area of the vendors. She won a piggy bank, which she was SO happy about.
On the way out, we stopped by the petting zoo, which was free and pretty awesome. The first year we went to the fair, we had to pay so free is always good. Brooklyn basically followed her friend, Raylee, around, but she did pet a few of the animals including a llama.
Then it was time for the pony ride. Not free, but Brooklyn looks forward to this every year so I pay the price. Not sure what I'll do when I have to start paying for two kids to do everything.

We had a great time! There's nothing better than an excuse to get out of the house and see something new. Thanks to those that joined us. It wouldn't have been as much fun by ourselves.

2 comments:

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

I agree, it's always funner with some awesome company. Thanks to you for providing that fabulous picture. I also agree about the Wii Resort game. It was a great little marketing ploy because I think I want it as well as the kids.

Liz said...

Oh, I love the fair. It is Burley's fair this week, so we are planning and attending all the events. It is A LOT smaller than SL county fair, but they are fun! Alex loves all the animals, it looks like your girls did too!