It was fun to pick out a blue color! I decided to try the board and batten technique in this room since I love the way it looks and I wanted something different. The first step was painting the blue. This project would have been done in one day if all we did was paint.
But instead it took two days because we had to cut the boards, prime, paint and then put them on the wall. The girls had fun being our little helpers even though they didn't understand why we were changing the room at all.
Two of my favorite helpers! Even though Brooklyn would have loved to help paint more, I was in OCD mode and didn't really let her help much. Marty let her do lots with him in the garage though.
Marty had the hard work. I can paint, but he had to figure all the rest out!
I'm happy I married a handyman!
I love the way it looks! Marty and the girls even managed to go swimming for a few hours on Labor Day (since the outdoor pool was going to close for the year). I chose to stay home and finish the touch up work. I'm a very OCD painter! I'm often found with a tiny little paint brush trying to make it look just so.
And here is the room with some of the decorations and vinyl. We went with the sport theme. Hopefully he likes sports someday!
I had fun painting and decorating this magnet board too.
I LOVE this room and often find myself just sitting in there enjoying it! Plus, it's a great feeling to know I'm one step closer to this baby making his appearance.
5 comments:
That looks so cute! I love it!
I love it! It's so sweet!
Looks amazing, you guys did a great job!
Adorable! You are getting so close!
It looks amazing - great job!
Post a Comment